Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. We are less than 2 days away from the premier of the MCU latest entry, the long-awaited Black Panther sequel, Wakanda Forever. As I usually like to do, I went about thinking of what I would like to have in a potential Black Panther wave. This is a full comic book wave but before we begin, I think I should explain why certain characters that are in the movie are not in this wave. First, I tried to exclude characters from the official wave, like Okoye, Nakia, Agent Ross etc., because having them for two waves in a row would be over kill, whether they are comic versions or not. Second, if you are looking for Man-Ape, Shuri or Klaw, I included them in the First Version, so I tried excluding characters from that. As for Killmonger, I already had a half-naked man in the wave, and I wasn’t going to remove him because he is a significant character for Black Panther. I also didn’t include Iron Heart because she is getting her own show.
Anyway, onto the rules:
- 6-8 figures per wave. No more. No less.
- Some version of the Title hero must be in it. In this case, Black Panther.
- 1 to 3 Female per wave.
- 1 or 2 Villains per wave, but these could be female as well.
- 1 or 2 brand new characters that have never been done before
- 1 or 2 remakes. The Remakes can also be new costumes as Like Classic Spider-man or Iron Spider.
- Each wave most have a Theme i.e. Spider-man can include Street Level heroes or Iron Man can include Tech Heroes and villains. However, there are no strict rules if you want to include characters outside the theme
The Theme for this wave: Jungle
Here is the wave but if you want better images, please look below.
As for why I pick them:
- Black Panther – We start of course with T’Challa. For this version, I decided to not only pick a popular and important costume but also a remake from the Toybiz days. BP first Marvel Legends was based on the highly influential Christopher Priest’s comic run, which many of the MCU storyline draws from, including introducing the Dora Malijie. So, Hasbro should remake this version. This would be an easy figure for them to make using the previous classic version with a new head, cape and sculpted forearm and shins.
- White Tiger – Next we have White Tiger (Yes, I know it says White Wolf on the image above, I got confused). But this isn’t the Ayala family but instead Kasper Cole, a character that once took the mantle of Black Panther for a while when T’Challa was believed killed. (That happens yet often). Since then, he has been given the mantle of White Tiger, a religious symbol in Wakanda. This can easily be done with the Hatut Zeraze build with a new jacket and with guns.
- Black Racer – Next we have another Serpent Society member, Black Racer. (Before anyone says it, I had this wave planned over a month ago, so I didn’t even know about Puff Adder.) While I thought about including another member, there was something about Black Racer that said she would be perfect for this wave and no it’s not because she is black. This would use the Kate Bishop mold with new arms and legs.
- Midnight Angels – The second female of the wave is an Army Builder. With Okoye looking to be wearing a suit like these elite member of the Dora Malijie (and later rebels), it would be a perfect time to make these flyers. Because of the design, these will need to be a whole new sculpt that can later be re-released as Army Builders.
- Ka-Zar – Next we have the Lord of the Savage Land, Ka-Zar. You may be thinking why he is in this wave instead of Killmonger. Well, not only is he a close ally to T’Challa, but the pair also shared a comic for years in Jungle Adventures. He is also a member of the Agents of Wakanda, which Okoye set up for the Avengers. This would use the Grim Reaper mold.
- Bengal – Next we move onto another Tiger based character with Bengal. More of a DD villain, given that he looks like a Tiger, it suits this Jungle Themed wave better. This would use the Vulcan build and would come with Elektra sai. Must use those for more than Elektra after all.
- Mongoose – We have a snake in the wave so how about a Mongoose. This evolved mongoose from the High Evolutionary has battled many of Marvel’s heroes over the years and would work really well for this wave. This would use the Puma build with new parts.
- BAF- Gorilla Man – Finally, we have the Gorilla Man. After I guessed that Ursa Major and Armadillo would work as a BAF, I began looking for other animal themed characters with would work for this wave. I decide to pick Gorilla Man because not only is he a human transformed into a Gorilla with a Safari suit, but he is also a member of the Agents of Wakanda as well as an Agent of Atlas. This would of course require a whole new sculpt.
Well, that’s my Ideal wave for what a full Black Panther comic book wave would look like. What’s yours? Let me know in the comments below or on any of the Social Media sites.