Hey, my fellow Plastic Addict. With me having a busy week all this week and with the launch of Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (dubbed MOM by fans), I knew I had to do an Ideal Wave this week. When I first started this site and was doing now cringy Youtube videos, I did a video of what I was looking for in a Dr. Strange wave. Many of those have remained the same but I have added a few new characters. Thus, the reason for this being version 1.5. Like all my Ideal wave, I had this planned out for weeks and made the image below using http://build-a-wave.com. I also dub this wave the Cape wave for reasons that will become apparent.
As always, some rules:
- 6-8 figures per wave. No more. No less.
- Some version of the Title hero must be in it. In this case, Dr. Strange
- 1 to 3 Female per wave.
- 1 or 2 Villains per wave, but these could be female as well.
- 1 or 2 brand new characters that have never been done before
- 1 or 2 remakes. The Remakes can also be new costumes as Like Classic Spider-man or Iron Spider.
- Each wave most have a Theme i.e. Spider-man can include Street Level heroes or Iron Man can include Tech Heroes and villains. However, there are no strict rules if you want to include characters outside the theme
The Theme for this wave: Magical characters.
See below to see better images:
Now as for why I made these picks:
- Dr. Strange: For the main character, I of course pick Dr. Strange. However, since we have only just gotten the classic version, I thought it would be a nice idea to give us his original version where he still hadn’t received the Cloak of Levitation or Eye of Agamotto. This would be a straight repaint of the Classic version with a new cape and head.
- Baron Mordo: Next we have Strange’s second most important villain, Baron Mordo. With him making an appearance in both of Strange’s movies, it’s surprising that we haven’t gotten a comic version yet. (Actually, this is due to Disney vetoing any comic figure of characters while they appear in the movies to avoid confusion.) This would use the standard Vulcan body mold with a new skirt piece, head, and cape.
- Clea: Next up we have the wife of Strange as well as the Sorcerer Supreme of not only the Dark Dimension but also now the prime dimension, Clea. People have been asking for her for years and with her now taking a more active role in the comics, I think we should get her now rather than a few years down the line. This would use Shriek mold. Because her Sorcerer Supreme look is basically her classic look with the Cloak, I think that look would be great for her.
- Strange 2099: Now for one that wasn’t in the other version, we have the Strange of the 2099 universe. No real reason I want this. I just thought it would be nice to have another Sorcerer Supreme as well as another character from the 2099 imprint. Miguel is a bit lonely. This will use the Punk Storm mold with new arms and a new head.
- Imperator: Next up we have not a sorcerer but madman who believes all magic should be erased, the leader of the Emperikull. A more recent addition Strange’s rogue gallery, this menace actually succeeded in killing many Sorcerers and nearly erase magic from the world. The art design aside (I mean look at the weird proportions on the artist), this would a whole new sculpt.
- Dr. Druid: Now for one that is a bit out there, we have one of the most hate Avenger, Dr. Druid. In many he was the Dr. Strange before Stephen was even created. Plus, where else would put him in? This will use the standard body.
- Nightmare: Next up we have the master of dreams, Nightmare. This is another one of Strange’s villains I’m surprised that hasn’t been released. Most people would tell you it should be a BAF but Nightmare is not a big person. He is actually whatever size you want. This would use the Sunfire mold.
- BAF: Shuma Gorath: Now as for the BAF and a character that seems to be appearing in the MOM movie (under a different name due to legal reasons), we have Shuma Gorath. Given that he can be any size, he can be of any scale, but I think most would like him to be the size of the Hulk to fit into their MVC collections. Obviously, this will be all new sculpt.
Well, that is what I would want a new Dr. Strange wave to have. What about you? Let me know in the comments below or on any of the social media sites.