Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Last week, Hasbro revealed the latest Avengers wave and as I usually do, I began working on all the characters in that wave. I also began thinking of what I would like to see in a possible Avengers wave. I was going to post the Ideal wave once I finished looking at the wave but then I realized I have two other Ideal waves I want to do around that time to coincide with the release of two Marvel Movies/TV series (you guys know the ones.) So, before we continue with our look at the rest of the wave, let have a look at what I would want for an Avengers wave.
In case you are somehow new to these I have included the following rules:
- 6-8 figures per wave. No more. No less.
- Some version of the Title hero most be in it. In this case, Iron Man, Cap, Thor or Hulk
- 1 to 3 Female per wave.
- 1 or 2 Villains per wave, but these could be female as well.
- 1 or 2 brand new characters that have never been done before
- 1 or 2 remakes. The Remakes can also be new costumes as Like Classic Spider-man or Iron Spider.
- Each wave most have a Theme i.e. Spider-man can include Street Level heroes or Iron Man can include Tech Heroes and villains. However, there are no strict rules if you want to include characters outside the theme
The Theme for this wave: Avengers characters
There are larger images for each below but here is the mockup done on Build-A-Wave.com:
Here is why I choose each of these:
- With the announcement of Speedball, we are now closer then ever to completing the New Warrior. However, for me, Justice holds a special place in my heart. Firestar and himself were members of the Avengers when I started reading the comics and fell in love with the two. As for which build, given that we have already had his possible future self, I think they should use the Reaper mold just like the Major Victory.
- Namor, Defender of the Deep
- If you see the BAF, then you know why I picked Namor for this wave. Alot of the time, the baf is related to one of the characters in the wave and I choose the BAF first, so I had to have Namor in it. As for which version, I think the Defenders of the Deep version from the recent Avengers comic will be perfect for this. It will use the same mold as the previous one with new legs and arms.
- Red Wasp
- I wanted to include a Wasp figure in this wave, but it didn’t have to be Janet. Instead, I decided to pick Nadia Pym, Hank’s daughter via his first wife. We need this to complete the second ANAD Avengers team as well as building the Champions. I may have put it in the Ant-man and the Wasp Version 1 but we still haven’t gotten her so here she is. This would require a slightly resculpted teenage buck.
- Madame Masque
- Well, I’m sure a few saw this coming. With Viper getting a remake in the latest Avengers wave, people are asking for her original swapping figure to get one as well. It may be more an Iron man villain, but she has battled the Avengers tons of times. This would be on the Shriek mold with a new head.
- Isiah Bradley Captain America
- Taking the Captain America spot in the wave, we have the first black Captain America, Isiah Bradley. After his small but key role in the Falcon and Winter Soldier, we all want a chance at getting this character. This will use the Cap buck with new arms. He will also have the Triangular shield which they can later use for his grandson, Patriot or a First Appearance Captain America.
- Taking the position of the Hulk of the wave we have Adamus Cho, the Totally Awesome Hulk or as he is now known as Brawn. This will help us build the Champions as well as giving us another variant of the Hulk. While Hasbro doesn’t have a build absolutely right for it, if you want to fudge it, he could just use the Colossus/Death’s Head buck.
- First Appearance Iron Man
- It wouldn’t be an Avengers wave without the old shell head. He has essentially taken the Wolverine spot for the Avengers. For this version I thought since they did his most recent version, then they should go back to the beginning and make his First Appearance. This would be a whole new sculpt that will later be repainted as a Fan Channel exclusive.
- BAF: Orka
- For the BAF, it was really hard to pick. However, I went to search for villain and members and saw Namor. This made me instantly think of Orka, a major villain for Namor as well as another member of the Defenders of the Deep (although we are looking at the classic blue version rather than the black version.) This would need a whole new (and smooth) sculpt that can be used for other characters later on.
And that’s my ideal wave for want I want for another Avengers wave. Would you buy this? If not, why? And what would you put in an Avengers wave? Let me know in the comments below or on any of the Social Media sites.