Yesterday, Hasbro revealed the full wave of Thor Ragnarok wave and that wave was nice but it got me thinking what would be a even better wave for Thor. So I decided to bring back a new segment of the site. It’s time for the all new IDEAL WAVES.
For those that don’t know what Ideal waves are it is basically creating a list of figure that I would like to see be made into a real waves. Of course I don’t just randomly pick. I look at what is being trending for a while and create a wave based around that.
I do set some rules for it.
- 6-8 figures per wave. No more. No less.
- Some version of the Title hero most be in it (IE a Spider-man most be in a Spider-man wave, for Example Spider-Ham)
- 1 or 2 Female per wave.
- 1 or 2 Villains per wave, but these could be Villain as well.
- Each wave most have a Theme ie Spider-man can include Street Level heroes or Iron Man can include Tech Heroes and villains.
The Theme for this wave: Mythological heroes
So let’s get started with the hero.
1. Thor (Classic)
First up is of course Thor in his classic costume. Hasbro have been killing it with the Classic remakes. Look at Classic Cap , Pizza Eating Spidey , Daredevil etc. So I think it’s time Hasbro tries to take a stab at one of the most request classic remakes in Thor. Hasbro already has the body for it with the upcoming Young Thor and SDCC Odinson so just a few re-sculpting and new head and we’re done. To sweeten the deal and give many people a new character Hasbro could give us Ragnarok Head from the Civil War Story-line. Hell just put Thor’s hair on Nuke’s cyborg head and we are good.
Confirmed for the 80th Anniversary set.
Another Highly requested character and long sought after Avenger is Eric Masterson a.k.a. Thunderstrike. The former vessal for Thor soon became his own character and a firm fan favourite until his death. While he may look like Thor I think the Tombstone mold would work better for this character.
3. Thor Girl
Taking up the only female slot for this wave is Thor Girl. Originally an alien goddess, after an encounter with Thor, she travelled to Earth and fashioned herself after him to become a female version of him (you know before the other one came about). Despite being a goddess she is still young so I’m thinking the Kate Bishop mold would work better for this girl.
4. Loki (Classic)
The break out character of the MCU and we have yet to get a good comic version. TB did one in their time and Hasbro did one (as well as some MCU figure) but none of then really capture the tricker god. I picked the Classic version as it would be the easiest to get by repainting the Spider 2099 buck. The bucky cap could work as well but he should be a slight bit skinnier so that buck wouldn’t work.
Confirmed for Avengers Endgame Wave 2
5. Hercules (Modern) Next up is Hercules. Now the first Hercules we got was actually one of the best figures of the early Hasbro days (mainly because it was done by TB) and to this day still looks nice. However I’m including it in this wave cause we need a new figure. While the classic and “Siege on Avengers Mansion” version would be nice, I think we should get a more modern version. This figure could use the same mould as SDCC Odinson with sculpted parts.
Confirmed for the Avengers Endgame Wave 1 .
6. King Cobra Even though he is more associated with Captain America and the Serpent Society, King Cobra started out as a Thor villain. Given that there was an number of rumours that he was to come out in the third wave of Cap and the fact that we need more Serpent Society members to company Viper and Copperhead, I think placing him in this wave would be nice. He could use the Bucky Cap build with a new head and cape.
Confirmed for Avengers: Infinity War wave 1
Finishing up we have the Build-A-Figure, that being the Dark Elf Kurse. While the MCU may have made him just a side character, Kurse has been one of Thor fiercest enemy and then honourable rival, usually working with Malekith. Plus considering that we now have Malekith in the SDCC set, having this to go with him. This could use a heavy re-sculpted MCU Hulkbuster built but if they can’t use that then the Juggernaut build would work too.
Well that the first of the new Ideal waves. What do you guys think? Let me know what you guys would like in a Thor based wave. Also if you have a suggestion on another wave (IE Spider-man) let me know below).