- Real Name: James Howlett
- AKA: Logan
- Family: Amiko (foster daughter)
- Base of Operation: Watcher’s Citadel on the Moon, Earth-9997; (As Exile) mobile; presumably mobile on Earth-811
- Identity: Secret
- Citizenship: Canadian
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: Freedom fighter, adventurer; otherwise unknown, presumed same as Earth-616 counterpart.
- Education: –
- Gender: Male
- Height: Amiko (foster daughter)
- Weight: 195 lbs (88.45 kg)
- Eyes: Blue
- Hair: Black with white streak.
- Unusual Feature: Animal-like canine teeth, hirsute physique, unique hairstyle, two sets of three, foot-long retractable bone claws stored in his forearms covered in adamantium.
- Origin: Mutant
- Universe: Days of Future Past universe (Earth-811)
The Sentinels have always been one of the X-men most dangerous adversaries. However, as this Wolverine can attest, it was in this universe we found out how more dangerous they could be if left run wild. Introduced in X-Men #141 (1981) by Chris Claremont and John Bryne, this Wolverine hails from a future that saw the Sentinel taking over the US and subjecting both humans and mutant to be interned in camps. Logan was one of the few mutants that was able to escape and began working with those in the camp to smuggle parts to build a device that would allow Kate Pryde (Kitty Pryde’s future self) to build a device to disable the inhibitor collars that the mutants were force to wear, which helped the team of remaining X-men to escape. They then sent Kate’s mind back in time to her younger body, which had only joined the X-men, in order to prevent the assassination of Senator Kelly, which they hoped would prevent their future from happening. While she did that, the rest of the team tried to escape but were found by the Sentinels, which saw both Magneto and Wolverine being killed, with Wolverine been blasted down to his skeletons.
However, since this is comics, that wasn’t the last we saw of this version of Wolverine. Shortly before he was killed, he was plucked out of time alongside other Wolverines in order to make a team to fixed the timelines as part of a new team of Exiles. However, this didn’t last very long as this Logan sacrificed his life against Brother Mutant, in the same way he died in his reality. However, he was again resurrected by X-51 and made to fight again with another team of Alternate heroes. As a reward, he was granted his memories back. He has since seemed to taken up resident on Earth-X universe.
This version of Wolverine has actually had a few figures over the years. The reason for his popularity is because of the importance of this storyline to the entire X-men mythos, which impact is still been felt today over 30 years later. That’s really something considering it was only 2 issues. As for figures, Toybiz released a figure in the Legendary Riders series with a regular Logan figure as a variant. That figure has seen the test of time though. Hasbro released their own version as an Amazon exclusive as a pack-in of the Marvel Universe Sentinel re-release.
Days of Future Past
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Amazon Exclusive Marvel Legends Days of Future Past 2-pack Wolverine with Sentinel
- As there is no need to costumes in this universe, Logan has gone for a biker look with leather jacket and brown pants. He also notably has white strikes running through through his hair.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- Gauging whether you need an alternate universe version of a character is hard as some don’t have much of an impact as others. However, for this I would say get it if you want to recreate that storyline. This is almost a must have for Wolverine collectors as it would be his first true alternate universe version when he was introduced.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
None at the moment