- Real Name: Sergeant Major James “Jim” Rhodes
- AKA: Rhodey, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Iron Man with balls, Iron Man of the future, Colonel James Rhodes
- Family: –
- Base of Operation: Mobile
- Identity: Secret
- Citizenship: American
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: Adventurer, U.S. Army colonel
- Education: –
- Gender: Male
- Height: –
- Weight: –
- Eyes: Brown
- Hair: Black
- Unusual Feature: –
- Origin: Human
- Universe: Ultimate Universe (Earth-1610)
While Tony was reckless, Rhodey was not. Introduced in Ultimate Marvel Team Up #4 (2001) by Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Allred, James Rhodes is a old friend of Tony Stark who would aid Stark in his adventures but they would have a falling out due to Stark’s complete reckless nature. He would be hired by SHIELD to hunt down a rogue Cap as part of the Ultimate Universe’s version of the Avengers. He was later given an upgraded suit by Gregory Stark, Tony’s brother.
The team would attack AIM’s home base but when Red Skull told his minions to eat each other and they did, he attacked the Skull. He would later be assigned to stop Ghost Rider and would later attack Tony as part of the Avengers. They would eventually put aside their differences and joined the Ultimates. He would eventually make his peace with Stark
When the Ultimate Universe was the next big thing for Marvel, many figure were being made from it, but very few wanted a Ulimate War Machine. None the less, he would receive an extremely poor attempt as part of a Walmart Exclusive wave.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Walmart Exclusive Marvel Legends Ares wave – Ultimate War Machine
- Though the story this may appear in might not be canon anymore, for his original appear all War Machine was, was a recolored version of the Iron Man suit.
- Why do you need it for your collection?
- Unless you have to have every War Machine armor or really want to build the Ultimate Universe, you should skip this as it was poor attempt at the armor.
- Does it need a remake?
- No as while it is a bad figure, it is not essential. instead they should make the version below.
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not facts. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
Universe: Ultimate Universe (Earth-1610)