- Real Name: Gabriel “Gabe” Summers
- AKA: Emperor Vulcan, Kid Vulcan, Vulcan the Great, Vulcan the Kingbreaker, Prince Vulcan
- Family: Oscar Summers (paternal distant ancestor, deceased); Daniel Summers (paternal distant ancestor, deceased); Amanda Mueller (paternal distant ancestor); unnamed paternal great-grandfather, deceased; Philip Summers (paternal grandfather); Deborah Summers (paternal grandmother); Christopher Summers (father); Katherine Summers (mother, deceased); Scott Summers (brother); Alexander Summers (brother); Madelyne Pryor-Summers (former sister-in-law/clone of second sister-in-law, deceased); Jean Grey-Summers (sister-in-law); Cal’syee Neramani (wife); Unborn child; Lilandra Neramani (sister-in-law, deceased); D’Ken Neramani (brother-in-law, deceased); Nathan Summers (nephew, deceased); Adam Neramani (nephew, half-brother); Aliya Dayspring (niece, deceased); Hope Summers (niece, deceased); Tyler Dayspring (step-great-nephew, deceased); Hope Summers (adoptive great-niece); Rachel Grey (alternate reality niece); Nathaniel Grey (alternate reality nephew)
- Base of Operation: Krakoa, Pacific Ocean; Summer House, Blue Area of the Moon, formerly Imperial Palace, Chandilar, Shi’ar Empire; Shi’ar prison near Phygim; Shi’ar Warbird; Krakoa, deep space; Muir Island; MacTaggert Research Center, New York
- Identity: Identity
- Citizenship: American, Krakoan, Shi’ar Empire
- Marital Status: Married
- Occupation: Adventurer, Formerly Majestor of the Shi’ar Empire and terrorist
- Education: Tutoring by Dr. Moira MacTaggert and Professor Charles Xavier
- Gender: Male
- Height: 6′ (1.83 m)
- Weight: 178 lbs (80.74 kg)
- Eyes: Blue
- Hair: Brown
- Unusual Feature: Formerly; Synthetic left eye that glowed when powers were being used. The right side of his face was scarred, an injury inflicted by Gladiator
- Origin: Mutant
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
He is the third Summers’ brother that no one knew about. Well, except Moira and Prof X. Introduced in X-Men: Deadly Genesis #1 (2005) by Ed Brubaker and Trevor Hairsine, when Christopher (later Corsair) and Katherine Summers was kidnapped by the Shi’Ar, Katherine was unknowingly pregnant with Gabriel. However, she was killed by D’Ken when Christopher tried to rescue her during an escape. D’Ken took the baby from Katherine’s womb and had it grown incubation-accelerator. He was sent to Earth to be a slave to one of the Shi’Ar agents but escaped and was found by Moira. He took the name Gabriel and would later take the codename Kid Vulcan. He was later sent with a number of young mutants to rescue the original X-men from Krakoa. While they managed to rescue Cyclops (who Vulcan revealed he was his brother) and send him away, they were attacked by Krakoa, either killing or trapping the team. Vulcan was trapped in a cave but was saved by Darwin becoming energy and preserving Gabriel body. Cyclops memory of his brother were erased and the island was flung into space by Polaris.
Years later after M-day, the energy release by Scarlet Witch cause Gabriel to awaken. He crashed landed on Earth, killing Banshee and then kidnapped his brother and Rachel. He then forced Xavier to reveal the truth. Darwin would later emerge from Gabriel and the X-men tried to take him down. He easily beat the team, declaring Cyclops wasn’t his brother anymore. He would then during into space swearing revenge against the Shi’Ar empire. Knowing that D’Ken was in a coma, he focused his anger against Lilandra instead. He would find a Shi’Ar ship and used that to destroy the space gate on his way. He was attacked by the Imperial Guard, where he killed Impulse and injured many others. He was only defeated by the Gladiator and was sent to a prison satellite. He was released by people working for Deathbird, who convinced him to hold back on his mission of vengeance. He used his powers to heal D’Ken and married Deathbird. After the wedding, Vulcan killed D’Ken and became the Emperor of the Shi’Ar empire, killing many including his father Corsair.
He would remain Emperor for quite a while until awar between the Shi’Ar and Kree broke out. The Inhumans, whose leader Black Bolt was now the emperor of the Kree, launched a number of attacks against the Shi’Ar in defense. In the final showdown, Vulcan and Black Bolt fought each other both using their powers to the max and killing each other. They both of course survived but their body were taken by interdimensional beings. They wanted to use the both of them for their schemes but Black Bolt escaped and they decided Vulcan was too mentally damaged to use. They eventually sent him but to his own universe with his mind healed. He eventually found his way back to Earth and Krakoa, where he began living his brothers in the Summer House. He would remain with the X-men and even helped them terraform Mars.
Vulcan has become a surprisingly popular character since his introduction, mostly due to his role in War of Kings and Deadly Genesis. As such he was been requested by fan for many years, with Hasbro answering their pleas by making him as part of a X-men wave. It should also be noted that this body would replace the standard Bucky Cap mold that Hasbro would default to for years.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends X-men Bonebreaker Wave – Vulcan
- Gabriel was one of 4 mutants that Moira MacTaggart took under her wings and would train how to use their powers. They weren’t supposed to be part of the X-men but when the original X-men were trapped on Krakoa, he forced Moira to use her students. As such, they each gain unique costume with this being Vulcan’s. He would go onto base most of his costumes on this.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- If you want to add another X-men to your collection, you can get this. You will also need it for your Summers’/Greys collections. There is also the cosmic side of your collection as he was heavily involved with the Shi’Ar for many years.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
Universe: Prime Universe (Earth-616)