- Real Name: Ophelia Sarkissian
- AKA: Warrior White Princess, Meriem Drew, Leona Hiss, Mrs. Smith, Madame Hydra, Madame Viper
- Family: unidentified parents (deceased); unidentified sisters (presumably deceased); James Howlett (Wolverine) (ex-husband);
- Base of Operation: Gehenna (Hydra Base), New Zealand, Formerly Madripoor.
- Identity: Secret
- Citizenship: Hungary, Wanted internationally for crimes, criminal record in the USA and Bulgaria
- Martial Status: Divorced
- Occupation: Ruler of Madripoor, Hydra leader, terrorist, crimelord; former mercenary, subversive, smuggler
- Education: –
- Gender: Female
- Height: 5′9″ (1.75 m)
- Weight: 5′9″ (1.75 m)
- Eyes: Green
- Hair: Black
- Unusual Feature: Right side of face scarred, though this condition was improved with plastic surgery; elongated sharp canine teeth caps; Hydra’s emblem tattooed on her back
- Origin: Human Mutate
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
Whether she is leading Hydra or trying to take over the Serpent Society, she is always dangerous. Introduced in Captain America #110 (1969) by Stan Lee and Jim Steranko, the orphaned child was recruited by Hydra and became one of the Kraken’s top students. She would earn her way into the inner circle of Hydra’s leaders, taking the name Viper. She would later take the name Madame Hydra and began leading the New York branch of the terrorist group but would clash with Captain America. However, after she was replaced with a Space Phantom, she lost her position. Returning to the name Viper, she killed the male Viper and took over the Serpent Squad. This squad would eventually merge with the Serpent Society, which she would try to take over a few times.
When the throne of Madripoor was left emptied, Viper blackmailed her way into becoming the ruler and force Wolverine to marry her. This marriage would end when Wolverine entered a underground fighting arena and had to battle his old sensei, Ogun. In order to save herself, Viper promised a divorce, which Wolverine got after she became injured in the fight against Ogun. She would eventually lose her role after a war with Iron man with Tyger Tiger getting the throne. She would return to Hydra and made them return Jessica Drew’s power to her who she wanted as a double agent in the Avengers. After the Raft breakout, she would travel to Japan and be reunited with Silver Samurai but was captured by the New Avengers. She made Spider-woman let her escape, not knowing that this was really a Skrull in disguise.
She was one of the five leaders of Hydra that would fight in a three-way war with Hydra, SHIELD and Leviathan. It was during this war that he head gained the squid like appearance. She would aid Osborn with his new Dark Avengers after his fall, allowing Hydra scientists to give him the powers of Super-Adaptoid. He rewarded her by removing the tentacles appearance from her head. She would later rejoin Hydra when the evil Steve Rogers took over America. She was last seen being defeated with the rest of Hydra at the end of Secret Empire.
Viper is probably known mostly for her role as Madame Hydra rather then Viper. That is why when she was revealed as a swap with Madama Masque in the Arnim Zola wave, she was known as Madame Hydra.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Return of Marvel Legends Arnim Zola wave – Madame Hydra
- Viper as she originally appeared as Madame Hydra. It is what many of her later costumes are based on. While not on the figure, the reason her her covered one eye is because she had a scar there.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- You will need her for your Hydra OR Serpent Society members, being a prominent member in both. You will also need her for your Cap, Iron Man, Wolverine, X-men and Avengers rogues gallery.
- Does it need a remake?:
- Yes. The one we got is hideous and really needs a update one a much better body.
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
Alternates: Supreme Hydras