- Real Name: Ultron
- AKA: Ho Yinsen, Great Devil, Iron Man, Ultimate Ultron, “Ulty”, Mark, Ultron Mark Twelve, Omega, Crimson Cowl, Ultron-5 (and hundreds of other sequential numerical designations), Ultron-Core, The Ultron Interface, Tony Stark, Ultron-Pym
- Family: Hank Pym (creator, “father”, source of personality engrams, deceased); Janet van Dyne (regarded by Ultron as “mother” due to marriage to Pym); Jocasta (creation, former mate); Alkhema (creation, former mate, deactivated); Vision (creation, “son”); Victor Mancha (creation, “son”); Vision (Jonas) (personality engrams of Vision, deceased); Rex (creation, pet, deactivated); Thomas Maximoff (“grandson”, deceased); William Maximoff (“grandson”, deceased); Robos and Bio-Synthezoids (creations of Alkhema, “grandchildren,” destroyed); Thomas Shepherd (reincarnation of “grandson”); William Kaplan (reincarnation of “grandson”); Simon Williams (Wonder Man); Eric Williams (Grim Reaper); Bobbi Morse (Mockingbird); Wanda Maximoff (daughter in-law); Machine Man (son-in-law); Virginia (“daughter-in-law”, deceased); Vin (“grandson”, deceased); Vivian (“granddaughter”); Vivian 2.0 (“granddaughter,” deceased); all regarded by Ultron as part of his “extended family” due to their familial connections with the Vision
- Base of Operation: Formerly Avengers Mansion, Manhattan, New York City, New York; Saiph; Ultronic Territories, Alaska
- Identity: No Dual Identity
- Citizenship: –
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: Would-be world conqueror, mass murderer, scientist, enslaver of men
- Education: Artificial Intelligence; Extent: capacity for creative intelligence and self-repair.
- Gender: Male
- Height: 6′ 0″ (1.83 m) (Variable)
- Weight: 535 lbs (242.67 kg) (Variable)
- Eyes: Red
- Hair: No Hair
- Unusual Feature: As an andriod, Ultron has Silvery skin made out of Adamantium, robotic features, corpse of Hank Pym fused into his body.
- Origin: Robot built by Henry Pym using his own brain patterns
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
His only purpose is the eradication of organic life. Introduced in Avengers #54 (1968) by Roy Thomas and John Buscema, Ultron was an robot created by Hank Pym as an aid, who used his own brain patterns to build the machine’s AI. Becoming self aware, he attacked Pym and escaped. He then rebuilt his body several times before gathering villains for his Masters of Evil as the Crimson Cowl (and Ultron-5). Using a brainwashed Jarvis, the team nearly succeeded in killing the Avengers until Black Knight saved them. Ultron then stole the original Human Torch body (or rather a time-displaced body) and rebuilt him into his “son” Vision, using the comatose Wonder Man’s brain patterns. Vision betrayed Ultron and joined the Avengers in defeating him. He would later rebuild himself as Ultron-6, using adamantium for his body.
After being destroyed by the Avengers, Ultron’s head as found by the Inhuman Maximus who place his head on the giant robot Omega. Ultron-7 attacked during Quicksilver’s and Crystal’s wedding. Then next time he appeared, Ultron-8 kidnapped the Wasp and used her brain patterns to create a mate for himself, called Jocasta. However, she too rejected Ultron. Ultron would return a number of times and even tried to make another mate in the form of Alkhema, this time using Mockingbird’s mind. She betray him as well but shares his view on killing all organics. Skipping a bit, Ultron would resurface again in Slorenia killing every living being there using an army of previous Ultrons. He also capture most of his “family”, where Pym revealed to everyone that it was his own brain patterns that created Ultron. The Avengers went to defeat the machine with Pym destroying him. However, it was revealed that all of Ultron’s creations had a program that forces them to rebuild Ultron and he soon returned thanks to Alkhema, who was destroyed soon after.
He would soon return as the hidden leader of the cult of Yinsen, using Iron Man’s old (and previously sentient) armor as body. It was later revealed that he had created another son, using a human woman’s DNA and his cybernetics to create Victor Mancha of the Runaways. He would return this time in the form of a woman and attacked the Mighty Avengers. He would then become the leader of the Phalanx, the techno-organic alien race, and began a galaxy conquering quest. Though he wasn’t completely defeated, he was eventually held back by the Guardians of the Galaxy. After a couple of time traveling events, the Age and Rage of Ultron events saw Hank Pym using his body to defeat Ultron, which cause their bodies to merge. The Avengers believed Pym dead and Ultron would used this to pretend to be Pym. He would become a treat to all again.
First lets get something straight. We have never had an proper Ultron figure. Never. All the Marvel Legends Ultrons have been original designs that both Hasbro and Toybiz made up. Toybiz made one as part of the Legendary Riders series (which admittedly was based more on the Ultimate Alliance version). Hasbro released a version that was more closer to a comic version in the Iron Monger series. They also release one as a part of a 3-pack with Doc Green and White Vision. This design was kind of incorporated into the comics but the design was different and only seen in promotional images. However there is one figure you can absolutely use in your display.
Recommend Figure: Diamond Select Marvel Select – Ultron
- When people think of a Classic Ultron they usually think of the Mark-8 version, even though many people mistake it for Ultron-5.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- If you have an Avengers collection, you NEED and Ultron in the Villains shelf. No ifs or But. He is probably one of the few villains considered the entire teams arch-villain. If you have an Ant-man collection then this can be used for that as well as a F4, Iron man, Thor or Runaways collection.
- Does it need a remake?:
- HASBRO! MAKE A CLASSIC ULTRON FOR GOD SAKE!!!!!!
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.