- Real Name: Wilbur Day
- AKA: “Stilty”, “Daddy Long Legs”, the Sensational Stilt-Man
- Family: Princess Python (ex-wife)
- Base of Operation: –
- Identity: Public Identity
- Citizenship: American
- Martial Status: Divorced
- Occupation: Former Scientist, former professional criminal
- Education: Degrees in physics and mechanical engineering
- Gender: Males
- Height: 292′ 0″ (89.00 m) (maximum); 5’6″ (normally)
- Weight: 400 lbs (181.44 kg) (with battlesuit); 150 lbs (normally)
- Eyes: Blue
- Hair: Bald, formally Grey
- Origin: Human
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
Despite having a gimmick that seems like a joke, he has been a serious treat to many heroes. Introduced in Daredevil #8 (1965) by Stan Lee and Wally Woods, Wilbur Day was a scientist that stole his employers design and used them to create his suit. He would trick Matt Murdock into thinking that his former employer had stole the designs instead and would battle Daredevil before revealing the truth. He would later team up with the Masked Marauder to kidnapped Foggy but was defeated by Spider-man and arrested. He would be rescued by Electro who was setting up his own team, Emissaries of Evil, and they fought Daredevil and lost. He was later hired to kill Foggy who was running for district attorney and was defeated by Daredevil.
He would later try and kidnap his former employee in San Francisco but was defeated by Daredevil and Black Widow. He would then go unto battle, Falcon, Goliath and the Champions of LA. He would gain a new upgrade before fighting Thor. His suit was later stolen by Turk but he was defeated by Daredevil. He tried to gain fame by defeating Spider-man and would later become one of Iron Man’s targets in the Armor Wars. He would later battle She-Hulk before being sent by Doom to battle the Fantastic Four during the Acts of Vengeance.
Skipping a bit, he would later retire from crime. He try to change his way by signing the Super-Human registration act during Civil War. While pursuing a criminal, he was killed by the Punisher. His funeral was attended by many criminals who respected Day and it was revealed that he had married Princess Python. While his role was eventually taken up by Lady Stilt-man, he would eventually return to life when he was cloned by Jackel (Ben Reilly).
Despite being more of a gimmicky character, Stilt man has been a long sought after character for Marvel Legends, being that he is a recurring villain for Daredevil. He would finally gain a figure as a BAF for a Spider-man wave. However, what made this figure special is the fact that if you buy multiple Hand Ninja’s, you can make Stilt man as tall as you want as they come with his legs.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Spider-man Stilt Man wave – Stilt Man (Build a Figure)
- This is Stilt man as he generally appear. Like many Classic design’s it has been drawn differently over the years.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- If you are a Daredevil fan, this is an absolute most. Stilt man is one of Daredevil’s most frequent villains. You can also get him for a Spider-man collection as well as an Iron Man collection to recreate the Armor Wars arc.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.