- Real Name: Irma Cuckoo
- AKA: Mindee, Candy
- Family: Emma Frost (mother); Phoebe Cuckoo (sister); Mindee Cuckoo (sister); Esme Cuckoo (sister); Sophie Cuckoo (sister); Frost family (relatives)
- Base of Operation: Krakoa, Pacific Ocean; formerly Studio X, Age of X-Man; Xavier Institute for Mutant Education and Outreach, Central Park, Manhattan, New York City, New York; Jean Grey School for Higher Learning, Westchester County, New York, New Charles Xavier School for Mutants, near Roanoke, Alberta, Canada; Avengers Compound, Los Angeles, California;Utopia, San Francisco Bay, California; Graymalkin Industries, Marin Highlands, San Francisco, California; The World, England
- Identity: No Dual Identity
- Citizenship: English, American, Krakoan
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: Adventurer; former professional assistant, producer, student
- Education: Various courses at Xavier’s Institute
- Gender: Female
- Height: 5′ 6″ (1.68 m)
- Weight: 105 lbs (47.63 kg)
- Eyes: Blue
- Hair: Blond (formerly dyed black)
- Unusual Feature: –
- Origin: Genetically-engineered mutant
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
She was the black haired one. Introduced in New X-Men #118 (2001) by Grant Morrison and Ethan van Sciver, the Cuckoos are the genetic clones of Emma Frost. John Sublime harvested eggs from a comatose Frost and began creating thousands of identical girls in the Weapon Plus program in the World. They were aged rapidly and were given the identity of Weapon XIV. When Professor X revealed he was a mutant and opened up his school, the girls were sent to the school, with no memories of their origins. Even though they wanted to be called Five-In-One, most of the students and teachers called them the Stepford Cuckoos. They became close with Emma Frost, unaware of their connections. She took them on as her protégés.
When Quintin Quire led riot against the school, the girls used Cerebra to calm the students but the use of the machine and the drug Kick, caused Sophie to be killed. The girls blamed Frost for this and Esme attacked her, running away from the school to join Xorn’s Brotherhood. Esme revealed that she had killed Sophie but was killed by Xorn. After Cyclops and Emma Frost became the headmasters of the school, the three girls were assign to the Corsair Squad under Cyclops tutelage. They maintain their powers after M-Day. They soon learnt their true origin when a fraction of the Phoenix Force activated in them. This event also saw them destroy their 1000 mindless sisters. They also jokingly began calling Emma Frost their mom.
They would later help Elixir cheat at getting a PHD and, after he save them in Limbo, gave Prodigy back all the knowledge he lost after losing his powers. They would journey to Utopia and would man Cerebra for the team. During the Schism, they voted to stay with Cyclops’ team but after AVX, they were sent to Wolverine’s school. When Cyclops went to recruit any one who would join his revolution, the girls joined him. After a bit of teasing from some of the new mutants, Mindee dyed her hair black and Phoebe dyed her hair red, much to Celeste’s annoyance. Like many mutants, they would go to Krakoa and would see Esme and Sophie revived.
The Cuckoos were asked for by many people for years, usually as a box set. However, probably knowing that a figure of 3/5 identical girls would sell, they decided to release them as a 3-in-1 set with one figure coming with 3 different coloured heads. This was to allow people to buy 3/5 to build the Cuckoos.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Walgreens’ Exclusive Marvel Legends Stepford Cuckoos – Mindee (with Celeste and Phoebe swappable part)
- While they were staying with Wolverine at his school, the girls had to wear a school uniform. When Cyclops went to the school to recruit anyone who would join him, the girls joined him. They would continue to wear this uniform through most of this run. After Triage commented that he couldn’t tell the difference between the three, Mindee felt she wanted to be an individual so dyed her hair.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- This set is one for modern X-men collectors, particularly if you got the Walgreen Emma Frost, alongside Magik and Jubilee Wave Cyclops, as they were all part of the Renegade X-men. Also I know some would buy five (no problem with that) but I should let people know that Esme and Sophie were dead during this time and never wore these, so only 3 is needed.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.