- Real Name: Aña Sofia “Anya” Corazon
- AKA: Araña, The Amazing Spider-Girl, Ana, Arañita, Spider-Girlie
- Family: Gilberto Corazon (father, deceased); Sofia Corazon (mother, deceased)
- Base of Operation: Formerly Loomworld; Avengers Compound, Los Angeles, California; New York City, New York, Earth-616; WebCorps headquarters
- Identity: Public
- Citizenship: American
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: High School Student
- Education: Current High School Student
- Gender: Female
- Height: 5′3″ (1.6 m)
- Weight: 115 lbs (52.16 kg), 123 lbs (55.79 kg) (with carapace)
- Eyes: Brown
- Hair: Brown
- Unusual Feature: Stylized spider tattoo on her right arm; fangs, prehensile tongue, pointed ears, claws and small sprouts around the body when possessed by Kindred
- Origin: Human augmented by Magic
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
You know it’s weird that it took so long for a 616 Spider-girl to be introduced. Introduced in Amazing Fantasy (Vol. 2) #1 (2004) by Fiona Avery, Mark Brooks and Joe Quesada, Anya Corazon was on her way to fight a bully when she happened upon a strange being attack by the Sisterhood of the Wasp. She leapt in to help him but was wounded. The stranger, a member of the Spider Society, used his powers to save her and made her the new hunter for the Society. She became Araña and would battle the Sisterhood as well as other villains, meeting her idol Spider-man in the process.
During the Civil War, she was working in a burger restaurant when Julia Carpenter happened to be hunting down unregistered villains. Thinking they were after her, she attacked Julia but after explaining why they were there, Julia took her under her wings training her as a member of the Initiative. She also became somewhat of a sidekick to Ms. Marvel (Danvers). At some point, she was kidnapped by the Kravenoff family along with other Spider heroes, in an effort to revive Kraven the Hunter. After the death of Cassandra Web and Julia taking the role as the new Madame Web, Julia gave Arana her Arachne costume. After joining the Young Allies, she officially became Spider-Girl after joking about it with Jessica Drew.
After a few more adventure, including hunting down Red Hulk for killing her father as well as helping the Avengers with the Inhumanity arc, she became Drew’s protege and was recruited into the Spider war against the Inheritors. After the defeat of the Inheritors, she remained on Loomworld with Spider-UK to help restore the Web of the Multi-verse, becoming the co-leader of the Web Warriors. She would remain with the team up until the end of Spider-Geddon. She would later become a founding member of the Order of the Web, a team of Spider-heroes joined together in order to save Spider-man.
Anya isn’t a very well-known character, only getting a bit of a boast because of her role in the Marvel’s Spider-man cartoon as well as her roles in the Spider-verse and Geddon arcs. She did, however, receive a figure as a swap with Black Cat in the Ultimate Green Goblin wave.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Spider-man Ultimate Green Goblin Wave – Skyline Sirens Spider-Girl
- The Kravenoff family had been sending villains against Spider-man in order to distract and weakness Spider-man. While he was dealing with that, they began kidnapping as many Spider themed heroes as they could including Madame Web, Julia Carpenter, Mattie Franklin and of course Anya. They would witness the death of Mattie and Madame Web but not before Web transferred her powers to Julia. Since Julia was now taking up the mantle of Madame Web, she handed over the Arachne costume over to Anya, who would eventually take the name Spider-Girl.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- If you are building up your Spider-verse shelf, you will need this, especially since she was one of the main characters of the Wen Warriors. It would also be needed for an Order of the Web as well as Spider-man allies.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not facts. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
Alternates: Spider-Girls | Spider-Ladies
Universe: Prime Universe (Earth-616)