- Real Name: May “Mayday” Parker
- AKA: Spider-woman, Spidey, Arana
- Family: Peter Parker (father); Mary Jane Watson-Parker (mother); Benjamin Richard Parker (brother); Richard Parker (paternal grandfather, deceased); Mary Fitzpatrick-Parker (paternal grandmother, deceased); Ben Parker (paternal great-uncle, deceased); Ben Parker (paternal great-uncle, alternate reality); May Parker (paternal great-aunt, deceased); Anna Watson (maternal great-aunt); Phil Urich (honorary uncle); Kaine (father’s clone/paternal uncle); Ben Reilly (father’s clone/paternal uncle, deceased); April Parker (cloned sister/cousin, deceased); Darkdevil (paternal cousin); Venom (former symbiote, deceased)
- Base of Operation: Queens, New York City, New York, Earth-982
- Identity: Secret
- Citizenship: American
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: Adventurer, student, vigilante
- Education: High School
- Gender: Female
- Height: 5′7″ (1.7 m)
- Weight: 119 lbs (53.98 kg).
- Eyes: Blue
- Hair: Brown
- Unusual Feature: –
- Origin: Human mutate
- Universe: M2C (Earth-982)
Peter and MJ had suffered the worse tragedy that a parent could ever suffer. The death of their unborn baby. But what if the baby had survived? That was the main question in What If? Vol 2 #105 (1998) by Tom DeFalco, Ron Frenz and Mark Bagley, when they asked this question. Instead of being killed, she was kidnapped by Green Goblin (which is still the theory going around in the main universe) but rescued by Kaine and given back to her parents. In a battle against Goblin, Goblin was killed and Peter suffered damage to the legs, which resulted in him given up being Spider-man. He took instead to raising his daughter, hiding the fact that he was once a hero. He took a job as a forensic assistant in the police office. As she grew up, May started showing signs of Spider-powers, which worried MJ and Peter. Around that time, Normie Osborn, Harry’s son and Goblin’s grandson, had taken up the mantle of the Goblin and started attacking Peter, forcing Peter to confront him. Meanwhile, May having realized that she had powers confronted her mother about them, who revealed the truth behind Peter and May’s powers. Finding the costume that her uncle Ben (Scarlet Spider) wore as Spider-man, she went to fight Normie and defeated him.
At first Peter refused to let her be Spider-girl (or as she wanted to refer to herself Spider-person), so she let Ben Urich train her. She soon began fighting many villains, most being old villains of Spider-man or their children. She even had a clone called April, who eventually becoming that universe’s version of Venom. Thanks to her, a whole new universe emerged, in which the children of previous heroes took the mantle of their parents, including Darkdevil and the Avengers. May eventually met the main universe Spider-man. She also became involved in the Spider-verse which saw the death of her father. After the Spider-verse, she decided she needed a change and began wearing a version of her father’s costume and started calling herself Spider-woman.
Despite many attempt by fans to keep the comics going, making it one of the longest running of that universe, Spider-girl never really had a figure until the Hobgoblin wave one, which the Hobgoblin, ironically ,was a version of Ben Urich who trained her.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Hobgoblin wave – Warriors of the Web Spider-Girl
- May Parker had grown up hearing about her Uncle Ben Reilly from her father but believed that he was only Peter’s brother who died young. When she confronted her mother about her powers, MJ took her to the attic where she found Ben’s costume, learning that he was killed by one of Peter’s enemies. Wanting to help Peter, May put on the costume and fought Normie. While Peter at first didn’t want his daughter being a hero, he eventually relented and allowed her to wear this costume.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- Not one that many people would want, since they probably never read the books, but this is an essential part of the Spider-man mythos. She is also needed for the Spider-verse which she played a big part in. She was also a member of the Web Warriors. (not the TV one)
- Does it need a remake?:
- No. Maybe if they had a build with more articulation maybe double elbow then yes.
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.