- Real Name: Silvio Manfredi
- AKA: Supreme Hydra
- Family: Catherine Manfredi (wife, deceased); Joseph Manfredi (son); Saya Ishii (daughter)
- Base of Operation: New York City
- Identity: Public
- Citizenship: Italian
- Martial Status: Widowed
- Occupation: Crime broker and master mind, crimelord
- Education: –
- Gender: Male
- Height: 6′2″ (1.88 m)
- Weight: 195 lbs (88.45 kg)
- Eyes: Blue
- Hair: Silver
- Unusual Feature: None (as Silvio Manfredi), Partially internal organs revealed by cybernetic body (as Silvermane cyborg)
- Origin: Human Cyborg
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
The man couldn’t handle growing old, so he turned himself into a cyborg. Introduced in Amazing Spider-Man #73 (1969) by Stan Lee, John Romita Sr. and John Buscema, the Italian immigrant joined the Maggia at an early age and rose through the ranks to earn his own “family”. He was sent to prison for tax evasion and would remain there for many years. Other crime lords rose to take his place including Kingpin. After being released from prison, he began his campaign to regain control of his gang. As he grew old, his hair turned white earning him the nickname of Silvermane.
After years of running the gang, he began fearing his age was holding him back and began to try and regain his youth. He found a tablet that gave him a formula to de-age him and kidnapped Dr. Connors to create the formula. It worked too well and he de-age out of existence but soon returned to that of a thirty-five-year-old. Hydra then approached him to lead them, and he became Supreme Hydra. He ran both the Maggia and Hydra, recruiting his son to be his aid, who became Blackwing. Nick Fury and SHIELD eventually defeated Hydra causing Hydra to remove Silvermane and his son from their roles. He then tried to gain control of all the gangs in New York but was opposed by the third Green Goblin. The war was stopped by Spider-man and Silvermane was believed killed when he fell from a great height.
He survived of course but was shot by a rival gang. This cause him to be bed ridden and the formula leaving his body causing him to grow into an old man again. He was attacked and nearly killed by Cloak and Dagger due to his role with their origins. He was saved when scientists transferred his body to a robotic frame, turning him into a cyborg. He tracked down Cloak and Dagger but during the battle he was killed. His body was found by Kingpin who tried to use him as his personal assassin, but Silvermane overrode his programming and escaped Kingpin’s control. His body was eventually destroyed, leaving only his head. This was found by a junkyard family who took him in. The head was sought after during a gang war, with the winner believing that they could control the Maggia by finding it. He was found by Shocker and after a while, he would name Shocker his successor.
Silvermane is not someone many people were asking for and has never received a “full” figure. However, his head, along with his R/C car, was a pack-in with Speed Demon in the Spider-man Absorbing Man wave.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Amazon Exclusive Marvel Legends Spider-man – Silverman with Molten Man, Razorback, Human Fly and Ultimate Universe Spider-man
- After being attacked and nearly killed by Cloak and Dagger, Silvermane’s body was upgraded with robotic frame, which most of his organs being replaces with machines. Different artists have differently drawn this.
- Why do you need it for your collection?
- You would need it for your Spider-man, Daredevil and Nick Fury rogue gallery as well as Mafia gangs.
- Does it need a remake?
Avengers: Under Siege
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Spider-man Absorbing Man wave – Silvermane pack-in with Speed Demon
- After many years of believing he was dead, many crime bosses began hearing that Silvermane’s head had survived, not knowing that it was still alive. They began searching for it in order to gain the upper hand. This included Chameleon, who used Boomerang and his Sinister Six. Silvermane’s head was eventually found in a junkyard, where he had lived for years with the family living there. The son of the family attached his head to an R/C car which he used to move around. He was eventually found by Shocker who stole the head from the family.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- I would recommend getting the set for the Speed Demon but if you have to get it, you would need it for your Spider-man, Daredevil and Nick Fury rogue gallery.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.