- Real Name: Redwing
- AKA: –
- Family: –
- Base of Operation: New York City, New York State
- Identity: No Dual Identity
- Citizenship: –
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: Adventurer
- Education: Trained Falcon
- Gender: Male
- Height: 10″ , 22″ wingspan
- Weight: 0.19 lbs (84.9 gram)
- Eyes: Yellow
- Hair: Red
- Unusual Features: –
- Origin: Falcon Vampire
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
Who is a cute living blood thirsty vampire falcon? (Wait, What?) Introduced in Captain America #117 (1969) by Stan Lee and Gene Colan, the falcon that would become known as Redwing was purchased by Sam Wilson in Rio. Sam would train the bird in falconry. A chance encounter with the Red Skull cause the villain to use the cosmic cube to psychically link the two. He wanted to use Sam, as Falcon, against Captain America but they would turn against Skull joining Cap. Redwing would remain with Sam throughout most of his life. He would eventually be turned into a pseudo-vampire after an attack from Baron Blood and would have part of his DNA fused with Joaquin Torres, who became Falcon for a while. Because of this, he would spend most of his time with Torres.
When ever there has been a Falcon, there would be a Redwing. This was true for the Toybiz’s version of the character who was packed in with both their version of Falcon in the Mojo Series. Hasbro broke the tradition when they didn’t pack in Redwing with their Captain Falc version that was part of the 3 pack with Vision and Kate Bishop(understandable) or their “classic” Falcon in the recent Joe Fixit wave.
Recommend Figure: Toybiz Marvel Legends Mojo Series – Redwing (Packed in with Falcon)
- Redwing is usually depicted as a more red color in the early look but more recent depictions have converted him to a more natural falcon color.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- If you want a Redwing for your falcon, this is the only their is at the moment. Either this or the Variant will work as they are the same figure with only Falcon being different. However I would wait for the eventual Hasbro remake.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
None at the moment.