- Real Name: Elizabeth “Betty” Ross Talbot Banner
- AKA: Agent S-3, Betsy Banner, Betty Ross, Harpy, Hellion, Miss Curtis, Mr. Blue, Red Woman, She-Hulk
- Family: Peter Ross (paternal great-grandfather, deceased); Alexander Ross (paternal grandfather); Elizabeth Ross (paternal grandmother); Betsy Ross (paternal great aunt) Jeffrey Mace (paternal great uncle, deceased), Thaddeus Ross (father); Karen Lee Ross (mother, deceased); Glenn Talbot (first ex-husband, deceased); Bruce Banner (second husband); Gwen (daughter); Lyra (step-daughter); Skaar (step-son); Hiro-Kala (step-son, deceased)
- Base of Operation: Mobile; formerly Sunville, Florida; Gamma Base, New Mexico; Somewhere in California; Shadow Base Site G.
- Identity: Secret Identity
- Citizenship: American
- Martial Status: Divorced (twice, once filed for divorce, second time due to being legally declared dead)
- Occupation: Former spy and field agent for the Team, supervisor and field agent for Home Base, former author, librarian, crisis hotline volunteer, nun-in-training
- Education: Formerly trained to be a nun
- Gender: Female
- Height: 5′ 6″ (1.68 m) (as Betty Ross); 6’7″ (as Harpy), 6’7″ (as Red She-Hulk)
- Weight: 110 lbs (49.9 kg) (as Betty Ross), 700 lbs (as Harpy), 700 lbs (as Red She-Hulk)
- Eyes: Blue (as Betty Ross), Green (as Harpy), Yellow (as Red She-Hulk), Red with black sclera (in second Harpy form)
- Hair: Brown (as Betty Ross), Dark Green (as Harpy), Black with Red streaks (as Red She-Hulk), Black (in second Harpy form)
- Unusual Feature:Sharp talons, bird-like feet, fangs, claws, green skin, green hair, green feathers, and large feathery wings coming out of back (as the Harpy); Grey fingernails and red skin (as Red She-Hulk); Bird-like feet, large feathery wings coming out of back, red skin, red eyes with black sclera, claws, fangs, large mouth, and pointed ears (in second Harpy form)
- Origin: Human Cathexis Ray and Gamma Ray mutate
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
She had the difficult decision to be loyal to her father or to her love. Introduced in Incredible Hulk #1 (1962) by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, Elizabeth “Betty” Ross is the daughter of General Thaddeus Ross. While visiting him at his Gamma Base, she met Bruce Banner, who oversaw the creation of a Gamma Bomb. She was there to witness the bomb failing and the creation of the Hulk. However, despite the fact that her father began hunting him, Betty remained devoted to Bruce and after he gained control over his transformations, they were to be married but the Leader blasted Banner with a ray that transformed him back into the Savage Hulk.
After she learnt that Hulk had fallen in love and married Jarella, Betty moved on and fell in love with Glenn Talbot. They soon married but Talbot was seemingly killed when he went to rescue General Ross. This cause Betty to have a nervous breakdown which allowed MODOK to take advantage of her and transformed her into the Harpy. He then sent her after the Hulk and easily overpowered him. With the help of General Ross and Bi-Beast, Banner was able to cure her. When Talbot returned, she realized that she was still in love with Bruce and divorced Talbot. After Bruce spilt from Hulk, the pair was finally married.
They would remain together for many years until the Abomination poisoned Betty, causing her to die with Banner believing it was his fault. She would eventually be resurrected by the Intelligencia and transformed into the Red She-Hulk. She began working for the criminal group until Hulk along with his friends took them down. She reconciled with Hulk but would leave him soon after. After many adventures as Red She-Hulk, she would eventually be depowered by Doc Green Hulk. Betty did not like it but the two would soon make up. She was eventually killed but soon was revived and mutated into the Red Harpy. She would attack Bruce at first but would begin working with him after. She has remained as Red Hulk and has since joined the Defenders.
As one of the core members of Hulk’s mythos, it’s actually surprising that Betty hasn’t gotten more figures. This is mostly due to the fact that she rarely has a costume identity. She would however receive a figure as her Red She-Hulk as part of the Hit-Monkey wave. She was supposed to come with a Lyra figure but that was never released.
Post-Fear Itself solo series
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Hit-Monkey wave – Hulkettes Red She-Hulk
- Red She-Hulk was one of many heroes who was given enchanted weapon in order to defeat the Serpent as his minions in Fear Itself. However, unlike the rest of the Mighty, she refused to give back her weapon. It would eventually get stolen, and she would team up with Machine Man to find it.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- This is one you will need for your Hulk collections, either as a family/friends member or as an enemy. She will also be needed for an Agents of Smash, Defenders, or the Mighty teams.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not facts. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
Alternates: Hulk-Mania | Red Hulks | She-Hulks
Universe: Prime Universe (Earth-616)