- Real Name: Unknown (The symbiote takes the name of its current host)
- AKA: –
- Family: Billy, German Shepherd war-dog, Wade Wilson (Deadpool) (former hosts); Rico Axelson (former host, deceased); Carl Mach (original host, deceased)Venom (“father”); Carnage (“sister”); Agony (“sister”); Lasher (“brother”); Riot (“brother”); Hybrid (“fusion” of Phage, Agony, Lasher, Riot); Scream (“sister”, deceased); Sleeper (“brother”); Toxin (“nephew”); Scorn (“niece”); Raze (“niece”); Anti-Venom (“uncle”, deceased)
- Base of Operation: Mobile; formerly Military Base (unknown location in the U.S.), Vault (Prison), Life Foundation (Mojave Desert, California U.S.)
- Identity: Secret Identity
- Citizenship: Klyntar
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: –
- Education: Genetic memory, gains new knowledge from previous hosts
- Gender: Agender
- Height: Variable
- Weight: Variable
- Eyes: White
- Hair: No Hair
- Unusual Feature: Phage is a largely orange or yellow symbiote with black markings, it grants its host fangs, claws, instead of boot like feet there are two visible toes, and though it can manipulate its body into various form like the many blades on its shoulders, legs, arms and hands it prefers to be solid. It can manipulate its body into various form.
- Origin: Symbiote
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
The yellow/orange child of Venom recieved his name from the fans. Introduced in Venom: Lethal Protector #4 by David Michelinie and Ron Lim, the symbiote who would become known as Phage was one of five that was forcible extracted from the Venom symbiote. He was bonded to Carl Mach, a security officer of the Life Foundation and became the self appointed leader of the five. They would battle Spider-man when the web-head followed Scream to the HQ but were defeated when Brock re-bonded with the Venom symbiote. Eventually the hosts would seek out Brock to train them in controlling their Symbiotes. Brock refused to help them and tried to escape. After Agony’s host death, Carl Mach, who was in love with her, believed Brock killed her and went to hunt him down. He was killed by Scream who was driven insane by her Symbiote.
However, the symbiote, along with Riot, Agony and Lasher, survived and were transferred to the Vault. Fearing for their life, they would merge with a Guardsman there to become Hybrid. Part of them would separate and were taken by the US Army to become part of the Mercury Team, where they each had a new host. Phage would bond with Rico Axelson as the teams sniper. The team was sent to Doverton, when Carnage had taken over the town. Working together with Spidey, Agent Venom and their niece Scorn, they help defeat Carnage. At some point, Carnage began hunting the Mercury Team. The team abandon the symbiotes and Lasher’s host at their base. Deadpool, who was trying to capture Carnage, happened upon them and they would bond with Deadpool. DP defeated Carnage and let the dog have all 4 symbiotes. After Knull’s awakening, Phage and his sibling came under his control. The dog went to a family home and Phage bond with the youngest son. They were sent to hunt Brock’s son but were defeated by their new sibling Sleeper.
After the release of Scream and Lasher, people have been asking Hasbro to complete the Life Foundation symbiotes. Phage was one of the symbiotes not to get a figure in the Planet of Symbiotes toylines during the early Toybiz day. He would eventually receive a proper ML figure in the Venom Venompool wave.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Venom Venompool wave – Phage
- This is Phage as was bonded with Carl Mach of the Life Foundation. Because of the coloring of the time, he would appear in a shade of yellow, orange or a mixture of both so there was never a consistence color for him, but most think of him as yellow.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- If you got the Scream and Lasher figure, then you will need this to continue building that team. This is also needed for a Venom/Symbiote collection as Papa Venom needs his kids. Spider-man collectors might also want this figure for their villains shelf. If you have no interest in that, then skip.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
Alternates: Phage Wearers