- Real Name: Michael Pointer
- AKA: Collective, Guardian, Hannibal, Sally, Weapon Omega
- Family: Unnamed mother (deceased); Unnamed father (deceased); Unnamed brother (deceased)
- Marital Status: Single
- Gender: Male
- Height: 5′11″ (1.8 m)
- Weight: 190 lbs (86.18 kg)
- Eyes: Blue
- Hair: Blond
- Unusual Feature:
- Origin: Mutant who absorbed the gestalt being that emerged from the energy mass created by the released energy following the Scarlet Witch’s depowering of most of the mutant population
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
- Identity: Known to Authorities
- Citizenship: American
- Occupation: Adventurer, Former Canadian operative, post office government worker; various
- Education: –
- Base of Operation: Mobile Formerly Jean Grey School for Higher Learning, Salem Center, Westchester County, New York; Alcatraz Island; Omega Flight Headquarters Canada; North Pole Alaska
Wait, is he regretful for what happened or not? Introduced New Avengers #16 (2006) by Brian Michael Bendis and Steve McNiven, Michael Pointer was an ordinary mailman (though unaware he was a mutant) when he absorbed the energy released from M-Day. After destroying the town and no mind of his own, he began traveling across the country. Alpha Flight tried to stop him, but they were killed by the being now call the Collective. SHIELD, who at the time was being run by Maria Hill who still had a distrust against heroes, sent the New Avengers against him. After Sentry knocked the being into space, it would return to Earth, landing in Genosha. There, it found Magneto and tried to force Magneto to absorb the energy instead, but Quake would use her powers to stop this. The energy was then sent into the sun and dispersed with Magneto and Michael taken into SHIELD custody.
During the Civil War, he was given to the Canadian government and assigned to the new Omega Flight team. Michael revealed that he felt immense guilt towards what he had done, acknowledging that he was being control by Xorn and even wishing Taliman to kill him. He began working as a Guardian in Omega Flight. He would remain with the team until he was recruited by Norman Osborn for his Dark X-men, where he was given a new suit and taking the name Weapon Omega. After the fall of Norman Osborn, along with Mimic, Michael went to the Jean Grey School for help controlling his powers. He would take on the name Omega and joined the X-men. He later left the team and went with Mimic to help victims of a Hurricane in Montana.
While Michael himself has yet to receive a figure, given that he wore the Guardian uniform as a member of Omega Flight, you could easily use any of the previous Guardian figures as him.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends X-force Wendigo wave – Guardian
- During the Civil War, many villains and heroes were fleeing to Canada to escape the SHRA. In order to aid the Canadian government, the US gave Michael Pointer to join the Omega Flight, against the wishes of Talisman and Sasquatch, the daughter and friend respectively of the murder Alpha Flight. This was made even more egregious when Michael was given the Guardian suit to control his powers.
- Why do you need it for your collection?
- While this figure is clearly marketed as Hudson, if you want to build the Civil War Omega Flight team you can easily use this as Michael as well.
- Does it need a remake?
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not facts. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
Alternates: Guardians | Weapon Omega (Multiverse)
Universe: Prime Universe (Earth-616)