- Real Name: Frank Charles Simpson
- AKA: Scourge, Weapon VII
- Family: Charles Simpson (father, deceased); Unnamed mother (deceased)
- Base of Operation: The Cube, formerly Tierra Verde, Vietnam
- Identity: Secret Identity
- Citizenship: American
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: Mercenary, terrorist; former soldier
- Education: –
- Gender: Male
- Height: 6′ 3″ (1.91 m)
- Weight: 270 lbs (122.47 kg)
- Eyes: Blue
- Hair: Blond
- Unusual Feature: USA flag tattooed on his face to cover up extensive scarring
- Origin: Human Cyborg; Artificially enhanced soldier
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
Well, let be fair. This guy was never going to have an easy life. Introduced in Daredevil #232 (1986) by Frank Miller and David Mazzucchelli, Frank Simpson was the son of an abusive woman and a cheating father. He was later targeted by Weapon Plus who sent Logan (at a time before he was working with the group) to kidnap him for Project: Homefront. Frank would be sent to join the Vietnam War as a Black Op agent but was kidnapped and tortured by Wolverine. This broke his already fragile mind. He took the name Nuke and carved the America Flag (later tattooed) onto his face. After the war, he was sent back to Project: Homegrown and was turned into a cyborg that could control his aggression using a set of pills.
It’s unknown what happened to him after the war, but he was later hired by Kingpin to kill Daredevil, which saw him rampage through Hell’s Kitchen and be defeated by DD and the Avengers. He would later battle Cap who learnt by his origins before being believed killed. When Wolverine regained his memories after M-Day, he learnt the truth about his involvement in Nuke’s origin. The US Government sent Nuke to hunt down Wolverine. Wolverine tried to reason with him but was left with little choice but to try and kill him. Captain America stopped him, and Wolverine brought Nuke to Emma Frost to help heal his mind.
At some point, Norman Osborn got Nuke, refitted him as Scourge, and made him join the Thunderbolts. He was made field leader and sent to kill Songbird but the rest of the team turned against him, and he was demoted. After a battle with Agents of Atlas, he helped the Thunderbolts battle the Mighty Avengers to find the Spear of Odin. He was going to hand the Spear over to Osborn but was betrayed by Paladin. He was sent to the Raft under the supervision of US Agent but was left in a Coma. He was then seen battling in Eastern Europe, still attacking individuals he perceived as enemies of America but was stopped by Cap. He was believed killed in an explosion. He later was hired by Viper to bring in Wolverine, but Wolverine brutally beat him and told him to send a message to others trying to him hunt. He was later sent to kill the dictator of Santa Marco but was capture. The Dictator used Nuke to create his own super-soldiers. He was rescued by Weapon X-force.
Nuke was never a character people heard of but gained a bit of a following after it was revealed that he was part of the Weapon Plus project alongside Wolverine and Cap. He would receive figure as part of the Civil War Giant Man wave.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Captain America: Civil War Giant-Man wave – Marvel’s Nuke
- Nuke is generally depicted as an overly loyal soldier who believes the US is the greatest country in the world and everywhere else is the enemy. As such he is usually just shown as a person with combat gear. His most signature is his American flag tattooed to his face.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- You may want to get this to add to your Captain America, Wolverine or Daredevil rogues’ galleries or if you want to add to your Weapon Plus victim or Thunderbolts team.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.