- Real Name: Dwayne Michael Taylor
- AKA: Thrash
- Family: Moses Targum (possible ancestor, deceased); unnamed paternal grandparents (deceased); Daryl Taylor (father, deceased); Melody Ann Taylor (mother, deceased); Bandit (Donyell Taylor) (paternal half-brother); Andrew Chord (godfather, former legal guardian); Tai (former legal guardian, deceased); Rage (Elvin Haliday) (adoptive son); Microbe (Zachary Smith Jr.) (adoptive son, deceased)
- Base of Operation: Mobile across U.S.; formerly Taylor Foundation, Crash Pad
- Identity: Secret Identity
- Citizenship: American
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: CEO Taylor Foundation, adventurer, Vigilante
- Education: –
- Gender: Male
- Height: 6′ 3″ (1.91 m)
- Weight: 240 lbs (108.86 kg)
- Eyes: Brown
- Hair: Black
- Unusual Feature: Scar across right cheek (mirroring the one he gave Midnight’s Fire)
- Origin: Human vigilante; After Dwayne Taylor’s parents were murdered in his childhood, he trained himself into becoming Night Thrasher
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
He arrives into battle riding a skateboard. Introduced in Thor #411 (1989) by Tom DeFalco and Ron Frenz , Dwayne Taylor is the son of a former soldier who refused to marry a witch’s daughter during a war because he was already married. This pissed off the witch, who then forced his unit commander to murder Dwayne’s parents in front of him. She altered Dwayne’s memories and became Dwayne’s foster parent’s with the unit commander. They then nurtured Dwayne’s thirst for revenge and trained him into becoming Night Thrasher. Teaming up with Midnight’s Fire and Silhouette, he began a relationship with Sil. However, a failed drug bust ended up with Sil being shot and Midnight blame Thrash and slashed his face, leaving a permanent scar across his face.
Believing he worked better in a team, Thrash worked about gathering the other members of the teen superhero team, the New Warriors. However, he soon disbanded the team because of his extreme stance on crime. After Rage was kicked off the Avengers for being too young, Thrash took him under his wing and eventually became his legal guardian after Rage’s grandmother was killed. They would eventually returned to the team but would be voted off when they left the team for their own agenda.
After failing to create a new team with the Psionex, he retired to run his father foundation but a failed attempt at a cure for cancer, resulted in the Foundation closing down. He then tried to rebuild the New Warriors with a TV Studio backing the team and filming the team as a type of reality show. It was during this time that the team tried to capture a group of villains but it resulted in Nitro exploding killing many people, including himself, and resulting in the Super-human Registration Act and the first Civil War. While his brother took over the role and revived a new team of New Warriors, Trash would later be revived by Maestro when he was brought forward in time before he died and made to fight in the Contest of Champions (the event that was based on the mobile game). He has since returned to Earth.
As for action figures, being a very little known character, he has not gotten many figures over the years. It’s only recently that he is getting a 6′ figure, but that is mostly due to fan requests for more New Warriors.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Spider-man Kingpin Wave Night Thrasher
- After the incident with Silhouette, Thrash encouraged his foster father to help him create an armored suit to help him battle criminal. This would become his classic costume.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- This is not the first New Warriors figure we have gotten (that goes to Nova), but it is an indication that Hasbro want to recreate the team. If you are a New Warriors fan then this is for you. Street Level fans will need this as well.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.