- Real Name: Nicholas Joseph “Nick” Fury
- AKA: Scorpio, Test Subject 41, Chucky Furystein, NF (November Foxtrot), One-Eyed Eagle, Nathan Fitzgerald, Nicky, Nicky-poo, one-eyed black guy, oneeyedeagle, Nicky-Boy, code name one-eye eagle
- Family: Unnamed brother; Monica Chang-Fury (ex-wife, deceased); two other unnamed ex-wives; Julius Chang (son); Unnamed ex-mother-in-law; Nicole Barton (goddaughter, deceased)
- Base of Operation: Formerly Triskelion.
- Identity: No Dual Identity
- Citizenship: American
- Martial Status: Divorced
- Occupation: S.H.I.E.L.D. director; former Avengers leader, liaison to the X-Men
- Education: College, Military trained
- Gender: Male
- Height: 6′ 2″ (1.88 m)
- Weight: 231 lbs (104.78 kg)
- Eyes: Brown
- Hair: Bald Black (facial)
- Unusual Feature: Missing left eye, covered by a patch. The name Nicole tattooed on his shoulder. Right arm lost and replaced with a cybernetic.
- Origin: Human Mutate altered by the Super Soldier Serum
- Universe: Ultimate Universe (Earth-1610)
This version of Nick Fury is the reason Samuel Jackson is in the MCU. Introduced in Ultimate Marvel Team Up #5 (2001) by Brian Michael Bendis and Mike Allred, Nick Fury was a WWII soldier that got captured and sent to be a test subject for Project: Rebirth. He escaped and was later assigned to the Weapon X project. When transporting Wolverine, the mutant would attack everyone leaving Nick the only one left without his eye. He was later made Director of SHIELD, where he tried to resurrect the Super-Soldier program, with the help of Bruce Banner.
Nick would assemble the Ultimate (the Ultimate universe version of the Avengers) to help battle the Chitauri. He would also keep a close eye on Spider-man. Like the prime version of Nick, he would not be afraid to use any method to protect the US including creating many teams, like the Avengers. He would even change his skin color at one point (resembling his prime version) for a mission.
This version of Nick has become a fan favorite since his introduction. It was this version that inspired the MCU version. Fun Fact, Samuel Jackson didn’t know that they were making a character based on him until the comic came out. After contacting Marvel, he gave his approval for this, and even arranged for him to be Nick Fury if they ever made a live action version of him. The character would receive a figure as part of a 2-pack with Ultimate WWII Captain America.
Ultimate Nick Fury
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends 2-pack – Ultimate Nick Fury with Ultimate WWII Captain America
- Unlike his prime version, this version of Nick Fury doesn’t wear the standard SHIELD uniform, instead preferring to wear either a suit or combat gear.
- Why do you need it for your collection?
- If you want to build up your Ultimate Universe collection, you will need this guy as he has been a part of most of the universe’s events. If you have no interest in the Ultimate Universe, you could use him as the Prime Nick Fury Jr. Other then that it can be skipped.
- Does it need a remake?
- Yes. The old figure is not bad but needs an update.
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not facts. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
Alternates: Nick Fury (Multiverse)
Universe: Ultimate Universe (Earth-1610)