- Real Name: Monet Yvette Clarisse Maria Therese St. Croix
- AKA: M, Penance, White Queen, Supergirl-Meets-Veronica-Lodge, Modesty Blaise
- Family: Louis St. Croix (grandfather); Lenore St. Croix (step-grandmother); Cartier St. Croix (father); Jamila St. Croix (mother, deceased); Marius St. Croix (older brother); Claudette and Nicole St. Croix (younger sisters); Hollow (genetic template)
- Base of Operation: Krakoa, Formerly War Room X, Savage Land; Jean Grey School for Higher Learning, Salem Center, North Salem, Westchester County, New York; X-Factor Investigations Headquarters, New York City, New York; XF Investigations Headquarters, Detroit, Michigan; X-Factor Headquarters, Mutant Town, Manhattan, New York City, New York; Massachusetts Academy, Snow Valley, Massachusetts; Monaco; Algeria
- Identity: Secret
- Citizenship: French, Yugoslavian, Bosnian, Algerian, Monacoan, Krakoan
- Marital Status: Single
- Occupation: Adventurer; former private investigator, socialite, and student, registered hero
- Education: –
- Gender: Female
- Height: 5′7″ (1.7 m) (as M), 5′5″ (1.65 m) (as Penance)
- Weight: 125 lbs (56.7 kg) (as M), Unrevealed (as Penance)
- Eyes: Brown (as M), Blue (as Penance)
- Hair: Black (as M), Red (as Penance)
- Unusual Feature: –
- Origin: Mutant
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
This is why you don’t spoil your children. Introduced in Generation X #1 (1994) by Scott Lobdell and Chris Bachalo, Monet is the daughter of a rich ambassador and royal princess. She was her father’s favorite child and thus he spoilt her, giving her a self-important ego. When her brother’s power manifested and he killed their mother, he was sent to a different dimension. He would return to try and recruit Monet but she refused. In retaliation, he transformed her into Penance. Their twin sisters would come and believing that Penance and Enplate had killed Monet, sent them back into another universe, with Emplate convincing Penace to join him by making her believe only he could cure her.
Years later, Penance was teleport to the Generation X school by Gateway where she was taken in by Banshee. There, she met her twin sisters, who had fused and took Monet’s appearance. After initially battling the team, she would join the team. The truth about the twins was eventually revealed and feeling guilty that they were using their sister’s name. They used their powers to free their sister and took her place as Penance. Monet, using the codename of M, took her sister’s place in Gen X. Her ego would clash with the rest of the team, especially Jubilee but she would begin a relationship with Synch and was devastated when he was killed. After the team broke up, she would eventually join Banshee’s X-Corps and later would join X-Corporation. She was one of the members that was sent to investigate the Channel Tunnel and encounter Weapon XIII, which the team couldn’t handle.
Following the events of M-Day, she joined X-Factor Investigations. She would remain with this team for a while and was killed and resurrected. She would eventually join the X-men before joining Magneto’s team of X-Men in the Savage Land. While on the team, she would merge with her brother to prevent him from eating her teammates. As M-Plate, she would hide from others in a subway car, where she would feed on Morlock, that D.O.A. would bring her. She was eventually cured with the help of Jubilee’s new Generation X. She would join Weapon X-Force and began a relationship with Sabretooth. She would return and join the rest of mutants on Krakoa. She would reveal that she could transform into Penace at will but was killed soon after. She was revived by the Five and would join the new X-Corp team.
Monet has been one of the regularly used characters of the Gen-X team beyond Jubilee. Thus, she has had figure requests for a while. She would receive a figure as part of the X-men’s Ch’Od wave in her Gen X look.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends X-men Ch’Od Wave – Monet
- After being trapped in the Penance form for years, she was eventually freed when her sisters, who had taken her form and joined the Generation X, used their powers to swap places with her. The twins had been wearing this suit when Monet would take their place in the team and thus Monet began wearing it instead.
- Why do you need it for your collection?
- This one may not be for everyone but if you want to start building the Generation X team, you will need this. It can also be got for a general X-men collection.
- Does it need a remake?
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not facts. Please let me know if I have missed anything.