- Real Name: Mark Raxton
- AKA: Burning Man
- Family: Doris Raxton (mother); Wilson Allan (stepfather); Liz Allan (maternal stepsister); Harry Osborn (maternal ex-brother-in-law); Normie Osborn (maternal step-nephew)
- Base of Operation: Alchemax Tower, New York City, New York
- Identity: No Dual
- Citizenship: American
- Marital Status: Single
- Occupation: Scientist
- Education: –
- Gender: Male
- Height: 6′5″ (1.96 m)
- Weight: 255 lbs (115.67 kg)
- Eyes: Hazel
- Hair: Blue
- Unusual Feature: Flaming and Metal Body. Formerly entire body was bonded with a gold-colored metal alloy
- Origin: Human Mutate (Depowered)
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
He literally has abs of molten metal. Introduced in Amazing Spider-Man #28 (1965) by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko, Mark Raxton is the stepbrother of Peter Parker’s classmate Liz Allen. He was a scientist who wanted to use his skills to become rich and began working for Dr. Spencer Smythe, the creator of the original Spider-Slayers. Together they developed a liquid metal out of a meteor, which Mark tried to steal. He was prevented from doing so by Smythe but was doused in the liquid, which covered his body, turning his skin gold. Fearing for his life he fled to a hospital only to discover that the metal gave him incredible strength. He would use these powers to commit crimes but was stopped by Spider-man, who missed his graduation to stop him. As they fought, Molten Man gave off intense heat and he burned himself out.
He would later return and attack his sister but realized that she was the only person who cared about him. He would begin working for Liz’s husband Harry Osborn and would become friends with Spider-man, aiding the web-slinger a few times. However, he was later brainwashed by Norman Osborn and sent to kill Alison Mongraine, the only person who knew the location of the Parker’s child. Burden with guilt, he would help Spider-man find Normie Osborn but was later forced by the Chameleon to join his Exterminators and attack Liz, otherwise he would kill Normie. He was later used as bait for Cap during the Civil War but was attacked and beaten by Punisher. He was left in the care of Liz and would later be cured of the metal alloy skin but retained his other powers. He was later cured of all his powers and began working for his sister Alchemax Company.
Molten Man is a lesser known villain of Spider-man but one that has been request by fans for years. He would receive a figure as part of an Amazon Box set, though many agree he is on the wrong body.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Amazon Exclusive Marvel Legends Spider-man Box set – Molten Man with Ultimate Spider-man, Razorback, Human Fly and Silvermane
- When he was dosed in the liquid metal, his skin was covered in a golden metal like substance. This made his body as hard as steel. However, it was also heated to incredible temperatures, constantly burning himself. The skin kept him protected though.
- Why do you need it for your collection?
- If you don’t mind that it is on the wrong body (he should be bigger than Spider-man), This one would be needed for either Spider-man’s rogues or allies gallery.
- Does it need a remake?
- I usually don’t say this about new figures but yes. This needs a bigger build, preferably the Vulcan mold.
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not facts. Please let me know if I have missed anything.