- Real Name: Master Mold
- AKA: –
- Family: Bolivar Trask (designer, deceased); Stephen Lang (rebuilder, deceased); Sentinels Mk I (defunct); Number Two (following model, defunct); Sentinels Mk III (defunct); Tri-Sentinel (defunct); Bastion (reincarnation, deceased)
- Base of Operation: Mobile
- Identity: No Dual Identity
- Citizenship: –
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: Mutant Hunter
- Education: –
- Gender: Male
- Height: 30′ 0″ (9.14 m), Variable
- Weight: Variable , depending on available materials
- Eyes: Yellow
- Hair: No Hair
- Unusual Feature: Grey Skin(usually), but variable depending on available materials, Robotic body, sometimes appears to be built from scrap metal.
- Origin: Sentinel Master Mold
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
So to create an army of Sentinels, you create a bigger Sentinel to do the job? Introduced in X-Men #15 (1965) by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, Master Mold was create by Boliver Trask in order to create MKI Sentinels but was stopped by the X-men. He was rebuilt by Stephen Lang, but he never used it. During a battle with the X-men, Lang’s brain patterns were implement into the Master Mold, making it believe his was Lang. It would later battle Hulk, Iceman and Angel, which saw him being destroyed.
He would later be reconstructed and fought against Cyclops, who was looking for his missing son and wife. The next time he appeared saw him capture Banshee and a young mutant girl, as well as creating a new robot called Conscience. They created a virus to kill mutants but were defeated after Conscience learnt that it would killed normal mutants as well. He would later turn up again and battle both and Power Pack but eventually joining Father’s Descendants. This would see him battle the Secret Avengers. He would later battle and be destroyed by Magneto.
Master Mold has been a Sentinel that many people wanted in their collection but given the size of the character, knew it would be impossible. However, Hasbro answered their prayers, when they announced that the first Tier of the Haslab Sentinel would be a Master mold head.
Secret Avengers (I Think?).
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Haslab Sentinel set – Master Mold (swappable head) with Bastion/Male Prime Sentinel and female Prime Sentinel
- (I’m pretty sure this is based on the Secret Avengers version of the character. Well the head at least). Master Mold size has varied over the years. Sometimes he is only slightly taller then an average Sentinel. Other times he is the size of a Skyscrapper, if not bigger. However, besides the head, he is generally just a much bigger Sentinel.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- If you are one of many people that said “Why buy a Sentinel when we have fine ones as it it?”, then this is a reason for you to back the project. While you can use the older Sentinels as standard mutant hunter, give the size, you can use this as a Master Mold instead. If that doesn’t interest you then skip.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.