- Real Name: Vance Astro (legally changed from Vance Astrovik)
- AKA: –
- Family: Jerzy Astroyevicht (aka Jerry Astrovik; paternal grandfather); Katerina Astroyevicht (aka Katerina Astrovik; paternal grandmother); Arnold Astrovik (father, deceased); Norma Astrovik (mother); Starhawk (fianceè)
- Base of Operation: Starship Captain America II, Formerly Saugerties, New York City, Earth
- Identity: Public Identity
- Citizenship: American
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: Adventurer, formerly an astronaut, freedom fighter
- Education: –
- Gender: Male
- Height: 6′ 1″ (1.85 m)
- Weight: 235 lbs (106.59 kg) (250 lbs in bodysuit)
- Eyes: Hazel
- Hair: Black
- Origin: Mutant
- Universe: 31 Century (Earth-691) but would sometimes get stuck in the Prime Universe
In the 31st century, where many alien races are under tyrannical rule, one human from the 21st century leads a team to free everyone. Introduced Marvel Super-Heroes #18 (1968) by Arnold Drake and Gene Colan, Vance Astro didn’t become a mutant or the superhero Justice like his 616 counterpart. Instead, he grew up to become an air force pilot and later an astronaut. After some modification, he was put in suspended animation and sent into space to during to the nearest star system. By the time he arrived, 1000 years had passed, and mankind had already invented advance space travel and arrived at Centauri-IV. Despite being dismayed by this, he continued his mission and would encounter Yondu, a Centauri local, and despite starting off as enemies became close friends.
Years later, the Badoon attacked the planet, wiping out the residents with only Vance and Yondu surviving due to their escape on Vance’s ship. They were captured and sent to Earth, which the Badoon had turned into a slave colony. They escaped with two other survivors, Charlies-27 and Martinex. Vance would lead them as a team that would call themselves the Guardians of the Galaxy. They would gain a new ship and would spend seven years freeing Earth from the Badoon. With the influence of a time-displaced Captain America, Thing and Sharon Carter, the people rose to help the Guardians. After freeing the planet, Vance and the team couldn’t fit into the peaceful life, so they decided to travel to the Galaxy.
The Guardians would travel back in time to the 21st century to prevent Korvac from changing the timeline. Working together with the Avengers, they would face defeat at the hand of the now god-like Korvac, who decided to revive the team and leave. The team would be given Avengers status and Vance would meet with his younger self, causing his younger self to activate his powers early and ensuring this timeline didn’t become Vance’s one. After traveling back to his future, Vance would discover Cap’s shield, which he use as Major Victory.
After returning to Earth, Vance was shot, and his containment suit was destroyed. At some point, he wound back in the 21st century in block of ice (in his containment suit and with Cap’s shield) by a team that would call themselves Guardians of the Galaxy after he said the name. After a few more adventures, he would be reunited with his own GOTG and returned to the 31st century.
With the rise of the 616 GOTG and their appearance in the MCU, Vance and his team have been requested for a while. Major Victory would receive a figure as part of the GOTG Vol. 2 Titus wave.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Titus wave – Masters of Mind Vance Astro
- After escaping the enslavement camps, Vance and his fellow Guardian began wearing similar costumes with Vance redesigning his containment suit to what would become his classic look. He would eventually find Cap’s shield in a block of ice causing many to call him the Captain America of the 31st century.
- Why do you need it for your collection?
- As (so far) the only of the original GOTG made so far, you may want to get him for that as they will more than likely be more coming. You can also use him as part of the 616 GOTG as he was a member of them for a while. Lastly you may want to get him for your Avengers and Cosmic shelves
- Does it need a remake?
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not facts. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
Universe: Guardians of the Galaxy 3000 Universe | Prime Universe (Earth-616)