- Real Name: Unknown
- AKA: Frumious Bandersnatch
- Family: Puff (mate); unnamed children with Puff
- Base of Operation: Krakoa, Pacific Ocean; formerly Marauder; New Charles Xavier School for Mutants, near Roanoke, Alberta, Canada; Braddock Manor, Maldon; Jean Grey School for Higher Learning, Westchester County, New York, England; Excalibur Lighthouse, England
- Identity: Known to Authorities Identity
- Citizenship: Flock, Krakoan
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: Adventurer
- Education: –
- Gender: Male
- Height: 2′ 6″ (76.20 cm)
- Weight: 20 lbs (9.07 kg)
- Eyes: –
- Hair: No Hair
- Unusual Feature: Purple scales, wings, claws, fangs, tail. Looks like a small dragon. No visible pupils.
- Origin: Flock found by Sprite (Kitty Pryde) on Sleazeworld
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
Kitty thought she made him up until she met him in real life. Introduced in Uncanny X-Men #166 (1983) by Chris Claremont and Paul Smith, the character of Lockheed initially appeared as a fairy tail character that Kitty had thought up to tell to some children. When the X-men where kidnapped by the Brood, she found the miniature dragon like alien, which she named Lockheed. He would rescue them from the Brood and would remain by Kitty’s side as her partner/pet. He was also with her when she joined the Excalibur team. He was exiled from his race, the Flock, but remained with the Excalibur.
He would vanish at some point but when Kitty returned to the X-men, following her college years, he joined her in the team. It was later revealed that he was a double agent of SWORD sent to the X-men to watch over them. This put a strain on the relationship with Kitty and Lockheed. After Kitty sacrificed herself to save Earth from the giant bullet sent by Breakdown, Lockheed left the X-men and became a full time member of SWORD. Wanting to save Kitty, he approached Unit to help him but turned away after he learnt of the menace’s request to free him. He would later be reunited with the X-men when the Brood invaded the SWORD space station. He later followed Kitty to teach at Jean Grey’s School and left with her to join the Renegade team. Following the restoration of the universe following Secret Wars, Kitty joined the GOTG but Lockheed was nowhere to be seen. He showed up at Kitty and Colossus’s wedding he was married and had children. He would later join Kitty on the Marauders. They were attacked by Black King but Lockheed got his revenge by eating Shaw’s eye and spitting it out.
It seems that where there is a (616) Shadowcat figure, there is a Lockheed. It’s like having a Cap figure with the shield or a Thor figure with Mjolnir. His first Marvel Legends figure was a pack in with Shadowcat from Toybiz as part of the Walmart Exclusive Giant Man series. Hasbro would make a new figure as a pack in with Shadowcat in the Juggernaut wave, that was released with the Excalibur box set and Marvel Unlimited Subscription Service bonus.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends X-men Juggernaut Wave – Lockheed packed in with Lockheed OR Hasbro Pulse Exclusive Marvel Legends Excalibur Box set – Lockheed with Shadowcat, Captain Britain and Meggan OR Marvel Unlimited Subscription Service Exclusive – Lockheed with Captain Kitty
- This is Lockheed as he usually appears. Being a miniature purple dragon, he hasn’t really changed his look since his initial appearance. Like most classic versions, he has been drawn differently by different artist but they usually keep the general design.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- If you want a Shadowcat, you will have to get a Lockheed, the 2 are practically inseparable. You will need it for a X-men, Excalibur and Marauders team. If none of that interest you, you may want him for the Pet Avengers. As for which one, well, it’s more about which Shadowcat you want as he will always come with her.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
None at the moment
Universe: Prime Universe (Earth-616)