- Real Name: Yuriko Oyama
- AKA: Ana Cortes, Lady Dee, Strikes
- Family: Kenji Oyama (father, deceased), Lord Deathstrike (brother), Unnamed brother (deceased)
- Base of Operation: formerly Cooterman’s Creek, Australia
- Identity: Secret Identity
- Citizenship: Japanese, (Canadian criminal record)
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: Assassin, CEO of Oyama Heavy Industries
- Education: Privately tutored
- Gender: Female
- Height: 5′ 9″ (1.75 m)
- Weight: 128 lbs (58.06 kg)
- Eyes: Brown
- Hair: Black
- Unusual Feature: Cybernetically enhanced body, clawed hands, left side of face scarred in a ritual design (surgically repaired when transformed into cyborg)
- Origin: Human Cyborg
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
She went from a damsel in distress with daddy issues to a cyborg assassin. (Still has daddy issues though). Introduced in Daredevil #197 (1983) by Dennis O’Neil and Larry Hama, Yuriko Oyama is the daughter of the crimelord Lord Darkwind, who has using adamantium to repair Bullseye spin. She would team up with Daredevil to defeat her father but after her husband committed suicide, it alter Yuriko’s mind to believe her father was in the right and worked to continue his work. He main target became Wolverine, who had his bones bonded with adamantium using a technique that was stolen from her father. After failing to defeat Wolverine, she approached Spiral, who altered her body into a cyborg like body that she is more known for.
She would later join the Reavers and captured Wolverine, torturing him. He escaped and Deathstrike would go onto alone to fight him. She would battle Wolverine many times and even teamed up with Sabretooth and others to bring him down. It was later revealed that she had known William Striker since childhood. His wife tutor her and her brother but it was more the fact that they had teamed up in the X2 movie. ) She would help him escape prison. She was later placed on the Thunderbolts under Iron Man’s under during the Civil Wars, to hunt down people who didn’t register. Once it was over she was sent back to prison. After she teamed up with the Purifers, she was killed by X-23.
She would later return when Spiral rebuilt her body and the two would join the Sisterhood of Mutant under Madeline Pryor’s leadership. During Doc Ock’s plan to destroy the world, she killed Kangaroo. She later met her brother, Lord Deathstrike and the 2 attended a party by Sabretooth that was crashed by Wolverine. After Wolverine’s death, she would join with several former villains and heroes as part of The Wolverines. She would also battle Old Man Logan, believing him to be the real Wolverine before eventually joined the new Weapon X program as part of Weapon X-Force. She has since been seen fighting Shang-Chi for the Equinox Blade.
Lady Deathstrike is one of Wolverine’s top 3 most famous villains (the other 2 being Sabretooth and Omega Red). She has had a few figures over the years. Her first Marvel Legends was part of the Bring on the Bad Guys / Onslaught series from Toybiz. Years later, Hasbro followed suit with her being part of the Super-Villains / Xemnu wave. This makes her the only one to be in both companies villains waves.
Reavers / Cyborg / Classic
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Super-Villains Xemnu wave – Lady Deathstrike
- Soon after being defeated by Wolverine, Yuriko went to Spiral to alter her body into this form. She would join and sometimes lead the Reavers. This would become her default costume. Like all classic costumes, it has been drawn differently by different artist.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- If you are a Wolverine collector, this is one you have to have. She is among Wolverine’s most frequent foes. It will also be needed for a X-men’s villains, Thunderbolts’ members and more.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.