- Real Name: Quintavius Quirinius “Quentin” Quire
- AKA: Phoenix
- Family: Unnamed foster parents
- Base of Operation: The Pointe, Atlantic Ocean; Krakoa, Pacific Ocean, Formerly West Coast Avengers HQ, Venice, Los Angeles, California; Xavier Institute For Mutant Education And Outreach, Central Park, Manhattan, New York City, New York, Jean Grey School For Higher Learning, Salem Center, North Salem, Westchester County, New York; Hellfire Club, Lenox Hill, Upper East Side, Manhattan, New York City, New York; Utopia, San Francisco Bay, California
- Identity: Public
- Citizenship: American, Krakoan
- Marital Status: Single
- Occupation: Adventurer; Former Shi’ar god, Teaching Assistant, Student
- Education: Formerly High School Classes At Xavier Institute
- Gender: Male
- Height: 5′8″ (1.73 m)
- Weight: 129 lbs (58.51 kg)
- Eyes: Brown
- Hair: Dyed Pink, originally Brown
- Unusual Feature: –
- Origin: Mutant
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
Hey, just because you are smarter than others, doesn’t mean you have to be a douche. Introduced in New X-Men #134 (2002) by Grant Morrison and Keron Grant, Quentin Quire was once a prized student at the Xavier School. However, after finding out he was adopted and being rejected by Sophie Cuckoo, something inside him snapped. He shaved and dyed his hair and began rebelling against the school, eventually taking the drug Kick, and causing a riot in the school when they were trying to accept normal students into the school. He was stopped by the Cuckoo but the drug causing his body to shut down and he was mercifully killed by Xorn.
His body was kept preserved in Beast’s lab and when the Phoenix came to re-bond with Jean Grey, it revived Quentin. He tried to use the Phoenix to revive Sophie, who had been killed by Xorn, but even though he achieved his goal, Sophie still rejected him again and choose to return to being dead. He was captured again and sent back to Beast’s lab. He would be freed by Kade Kilgore because he wanted Quire to do something stupid to raise the anti-mutant sentiment. He did so by forcing many UN delegates to reveal their darkest secrets when Cyclops was giving a speech. Wolverine wanted to give him over to Captain America, but Cyclops refused, causing a rift between the two. When Sentinels attacked Utopia and Cyclops used young mutants as soldiers, Wolverine and a number of others left Utopia to form the Jean Grey School, dragging Quire with him.
He would remain in the school and began a relationship with Idie Okonkwo, following her to the Hellfire Academy when she left. They would work to try and bring down the Academy and he returned to Jean Grey’s school, only to leave shortly after. He was forced to join Kitty Pryde’s school when the mutants moved to Central Park and were forced to join Jubilee’s Generation X. He eventually left and isolated himself in the Atlantic with Krakoa. He was recruited by Jane Foster’s Thor to help battle the Shi’Ar gods, bonding with the Phoenix. Wanting to make money by filming himself and his team, he forced himself into the West Coast Avengers. He would later join the rest of mutantkind on Krakoa and joined the X-Force team as well as began dating Pheobe Cuckoo. He was later believed killed by Cerebrax but since they couldn’t find his body or his mind, he couldn’t be revived by the Five.
Despite being a popular character nowadays, that wasn’t always the case. It wasn’t until the Schism arc and subsequent appearances that he began gaining a fan base. As such, he would receive many requests for Hasbro to make him as a figure. He would receive a figure as part of the X-men Ch’Od wave.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends X-men Ch’Od Wave – Kid Omega
- After most mutant kind moved to Krakoa, Quentin aided Wolverine in breaking up an anti-mutant group. As such he was allowed to join the X-force team, which was tasked with preventing anti-mutant groups. He began wearing this costume as well as using his powers to construct weapons and guns.
- Why do you need it for your collection?
- You may want to get this for your X-men collection as well as Gen X, WCA and more importantly the Krakoa X-Force.
- Does it need a remake?
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not facts. Please let me know if I have missed anything.