- Real Name: John Jonah Jameson, Jr.
- AKA: J. J. Jameson, JJJ, The Sensational Spider-Mayor, Flat-Topped Fink, J. Jonah Happyface, Spider-Tracer Killer/S.T.K (mistakenly)
- Family: J. Jonah Jameson, Sr. (father, deceased); Betty Jameson (mother, presumably deceased); David Jameson (paternal uncle / stepfather, presumably deceased); Joan Jameson (first wife, deceased); Marla Madison (second wife, deceased); John Jameson (son); Bernice Franklin (sister, deceased); Jerry Franklin (brother-in-law); Martha Franklin (niece / adopted daughter, deceased); Jennifer Walters (ex-daughter-in-law); May Jameson (stepmother); Peter Parker (step-cousin); Unnamed symbiote (former symbiote, deceased)
- Base of Operation: Fact Channel News Station, New York City, New York; Formerly Daily Bugle Building, Manhattan, New York, City Hall, Alchemax
- Identity: No Dual Identity
- Citizenship: American
- Martial Status: Widowed
- Occupation: Radio Announcer ; Former Mayor of New York City (resigned), Publisher of the Daily Bugle, Publisher and Editor-in-chief of NOW Magazine, publisher of Woman Magazine, CEO of Alchemax, reporter for the Fact Channel News
- Education: –
- Gender: Male
- Height: 5′ 11″ (1.80 m)
- Weight: 181 lbs (82.1 kg)
- Eyes: Blue
- Hair: Black with grey around the temples
- Origin: Human
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
They say the greatest enemy of Spider-man isn’t Green Goblin or Doc Ock but the press. This guy is the reason why. Introduced in Amazing Spider-man #1 (1963) by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko, J. Jonah Jameson was the publisher and head editor of the newspaper the Daily Bugle. He started his career as an employee in the printing room before eventually becoming a writer. When the Bugle was close to bankruptcy, he scrapped together his own money and purchase the newspaper, making it into a successful business. He would eventually get married and have a son but his wife was gunned by a masked gunman. This caused his distrust of masked vigilantes. After Spider-man caught the burglar that killed his Uncle Ben, Jonah began his crusade against the hero, believing that the hero shouldn’t be using his powers against normal people. He would begin using his paper to blame Spider-man for crimes that other people did, not knowing that the person providing the photo for this was in fact Spider-man himself. It should be noted that Jonah does not hate all superheroes but wishes that they would use proper methods in the law to fight crime. He is also a supporter of all human rights, including Mutants and Inhumans, so you will never see him blame the X-men just because they are mutants but because of the damage they cause.
His crusade against the webhead caused him to make some very questionable descisions, which cause him to not only create the Scorpion but also the Human Fly and the Spider-Slayers. He would later remarry and would adopt his niece Mattie Franklin, who at the time was the third Spider-woman. He would eventually lose control of the Bugle (a good number of times in fact) after Jonah had a heart attack and his wife forced the sale of the paper. While he would separate from his wife, they would get back together in time for him to run and win the election for the mayor of New York. Marla would eventually be killed by the Spider-Slayer, with Jameson blaming himself instead of Spider-man. He would eventually get a job on the Fact Channel and nearly unmasked Spider-man live on TV but his ego caused him to fail. Skipping a bit, Jonah eventually started a blog and radio show and would interview Spider-man. The two would fight but Peter would reveal his identity to Jonah and they would gain mutual respect for each. He has since began trying to improve his new friends public image.
Jonah is probably one of Spider-man most endearing and popular character. As such he would receive a few figures over the years, being one of the few Civilian character to get a figure. He receive a swappable head with Chameleon, which cause many to buy multiples of. He would later receive another figure as a Fan Channel exclusive, on the retro style cards.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Fan Channel Marvel Legends Spider-man Vintage – J. Jonah Jameson
- Jonah is a newspaper publish. As such he usually wears a business suit, usually without the jacket, in the office. He would wear a full suit when he was out of the office.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- This one is really for Spider-man fans. While he has had been in almost every comic line, he is a Spider-man character. I won’t say he is essential but he is high up in priority. Either version work but I suggest getting the Fan Channel one as it is more availible.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.