- Real Name: N/A (Poppupians have no names)
- AKA: Impy, Herald of Destruction, The Improbable Guy
- Family: Former members of the original population (relatives all deceased), Impossible Woman (cloned wife), Impossible Kids (cloned children, most only had number designations 1 through at least 4682, named members included Impia, Impy, and Adolf the Impossible Boy) Ralf the Impossible Dog (cloned dog), and the Impossible Teens (cloned teenagers)
- Base of Operation: Mobile
- Identity: No Dual Identity
- Citizenship: Poppupians
- Martial Status: Married
- Occupation: Prankster, Hedonist, Student of Earth’s popular culture, Progenitor of the new Poppupian race
- Education: a Poppupian school
- Gender: Male
- Height: 6′ 4″ (1.93 m) (Variable)
- Weight: 165 lbs (74.84 kg) (Variable)
- Eyes: Purple
- Hair: No Hair ; except for black eyebrows
- Origin: Poppupian
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
He could very well be the most dangerous being in the universe if he wasn’t a walking cartoon character. Introduced in Fantastic Four #11, the being that would become known as Impossible Man (or Impy) comes from the Planet Poppup, a hostile planet where his race evolved to be able to transform into anything. Having a collective memory and growing bored of their lives, they sent one of their members to explore the universe. He would eventually arrive on Earth, where he encountered the F4 and became a nuisance to the people of New York until they began ignoring him, so he left the planet in a huff.
He would stay away from Earth for years before being contacted by the F4 to help them save Counter-Earth. He offered up his home planet and when Galactus consumed it, Galactus seemed to die. He moved in with the F4 but he would eventually leave to travel to Hollywood so a studio would make a movie of him. Eventually Impy would leave Earth and growing lonely would create a family for himself. He would soon leave them and continue to plague other heroes as well as the F4, like when he was running away from Xenmu and fused Hulk and Red Hulk together to form Compound Hulk.
Impy is a comedy character, being more of a plague to other heroes than a menace. He would receive a figure as a pack-in figure with Human Torch as part of the Fantastic Four Classics line.
Recommend Figure: Toybiz Fantastic Four Classics Series 1 – Impossible Man pack-in with Human Torch
- Impy’s design is based on the little green man aliens that became famous during the sixties. Whenever he transforms, he keeps the colors.
- Why do you need it for your collection?
- This is a character you may want to get primarily for your F4 allies but can be used for other ally collections like X-men, Hulk, Spider-man, Cosmic etc.
- Does it need a remake?
- Yes. The one we got is more of a statue than an actual figure barely moving at the hips and shoulder.
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not facts. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
None at the moment
Universe: Prime Universe (Earth-616)