- Real Name: Harold Joseph “Happy” Hogan
- AKA: Harry Hoggan, Hap, The Freak, Iron Man, The Living Cobalt Time-Bomb, the Walking Bomb
- Family: Unnamed grandfather; Clay Hogan (brother); Pepper Potts (ex-wife); Jamie Carlson (son); Unnamed adopted son; Unnamed adopted daughter
- Base of Operation: Stark Industries, formerly Stillman Boxing Gym
- Identity: No Dual
- Citizenship: American
- Marital Status: Divorced
- Occupation: Employee of Stark Industries; former professional boxer and promoter, personal trainer, chauffeur, ranch owner
- Education: Vocational school graduate, EMS training
- Gender: Male
- Height: 5′11″ (1.8 m), 7′9″ (2.36 m) (as Freak)
- Weight: 221 lbs (100.24 kg), 789 lbs (357.88 kg) (as Freak)
- Eyes: Brown, Black or red (as Freak)
- Hair: Brown, No Hair At All (as Freak)
- Unusual Feature: –
- Origin: Human
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
He was nicknamed Happy because of his sour expression. Introduced in Tales of Suspense #45 (1963) by Stan Lee, Robert Bernstein and Don Heck, Harold “Happy” Hogan was a former boxer that rescued Tony Stark from a racetrack accident. Stark wanted to reward him with money but Happy refused and instead asked Tony to hire him, which he did as his chauffeur and bodyguard. He began working for Stark and instantly fell in love with Pepper Potts and he would gain Tony’s trust enough that he revealed that he was Iron man, with the public still believing that Iron Man was another person hired by Stark to be his bodyguard.
An accident saw Happy being turned into the Freak and he attacked Iron Man. Tony healed him and when the Mandarin attacked later, Happy donned the armor to protect his friend. After this, Happy would substitute as Iron Man for many events but came under attack by a few of Iron Man villains. This caused him to turn into the Freak again. Tony healed him but this caused Happy and Pepper to leave Stark and the couple would be married. Happy was later summoned by James Rhodes to don the Iron man suit again to help defeat Ultimo with other previous Iron men riders.
After Stark was believed killed by Onslaught and the couple facing Finacial difficulty, Pepper and Happy divorced. He would return to work for Stark after he return from the Heroes Reborn universe and would begin a relationship with a woman named Doreen, but this turned out to be a ploy to steal Stark’s secrets. At some point during this time, he met and began a relationship with scientist Katrina Carlson, which resulted in the birth of his son, Jamie, who he would never learn the existence of. He would soon rekindle his relationship with Pepper and was going to propose remarrying her when he happened upon Spymaster infiltrating Stark Industry. The resulting battle ended with Happy being put into a coma. Knowing that Happy would never wake up and he would have hated being in a vegetative state, Pepper asked Tony to turn off Happy’s life support system. Though he initially refused, it is hinted that Tony used the Extremsis virus to turn off Happy machine allowing his friend to die peacefully.
Even though we have a MCU version of Happy, the likelihood of us getting a comic book version is low. However, he wore the Iron man suit a few times but his most famous time was as a member of the Iron Legion.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Fan Channel Exclusive Marvel Legends 20th Anniversary – Iron Man
- Happy was one of the first people Rhodey summoned to help him defeat Ultimo after the giant robot defeated Stark. He would don the MK II suit (the Horned helmet) suit. He was injured trying to fight but managed to get Force and March to a hospital.
- Why do you need it for your collection?
- If you want to build the Iron Legion, which you can do, you may want to get this for that.
- Does it need a remake?
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not facts. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
Alternates: Harold Hogan (Multiverse) | Iron Men
Universe: Prime Universe (Earth-616)