- Real Name: Gwendolyn “Gwen” Poole
- AKA: Ghostface No-Pants Killer, Pink Ghost, “big yikes!!!”, Marshmallow Gwen, Harley-Gwen
- Family: Ted Poole (father); Martha Poole (mother); Teddy Poole Jr. (brother)
- Base of Operation: Krakoa, Pacific Ocean; formerly West Coast Avengers HQ, Venice, Los Angeles, California, Mobile HQ of M.O.D.O.K., Brooklyn, New York City, New York, Earth-TRN565
- Identity: Public Identity
- Citizenship: American, Krakoan
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: Adventurer; former mercenary, cinema employee, NEET, student
- Education: Formerly High School level courses
- Gender: Female
- Height: 5′ 4″ (1.63 m)
- Weight: –
- Eyes: Blue
- Hair: Blond with tips dyed pink
- Origin: Human retconned into being a Mutant
- Universe: Earth-TRN565, currently displaced to Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
Ever wanted to be able to enter the Marvel Universe with the comic book knowledge you have now? Well that’s the type of character Gwenpool is. Originally created as a variant cover for Deadpool’s Secret Wars story, which was a mash-up design of Spider-Gwen and Deadpool, she then went onto becoming her own character, introduced in Howard the Duck Vol 6 #1
(2016) by Chris Bachalo and Christopher Hastings. First it should be noted that she is NOT an alternate version of Gwen Stacy (Spider-Gwen or otherwise) or Deadpool. She is her own person. In her comic, she originally came from an universe very similar to our own real universe, where Marvel (and other comic book characters and companies) exists in the comic book media as well as movies, games etc. She somehow wound up in the Marvel Prime universe, where she used her knowledge to become a hero and mercenary as well as breaking the fourth wall, like rewriting her own speak bubbles and stuff.
Gwenpool is a fairly new character, so I don’t want to go too far into her story. Basically because I haven’t read much of her in the reprints I read. I do know she became a Mercenary to make a living, got trained by Batroc and even worked for MODOK for a time. It should also be noted that she does not have a healing factor and didn’t even read Deadpool’s Comics.
Like I just said, she is a pretty new character that has gain a strong fan base (but not the fastest character to ever get a figure, that belong to a certain Hulk character). So much so that, this is the only figure we have for her in Marvel Legends form.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Spider-man Lizard wave Gwenpool
- Being a pretty new character Gwenpool has had only one costume so far with various artist drawing her with different straps and pockets.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- Honestly, I think this was one of the hardest figure to place for Hasbro. In the Spider-man wave or the Deadpool wave? Even if you didn’t know about the character, this looks like a fun figure with tons of accessories. Won’t really fit in with most of your collection though except street levels.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
None at the moment