- Real Name: Kallark
- AKA: Lal-Ke, Captain Universe
- Family: Kubark (Kid Gladiator) (son); Xenith (The Strontian) (cousin)
- Base of Operation: Chandilar, Shi’ar Galaxy; mobile throughout the Shi’ar Empire and surrounding galaxies
- Identity: Public Identity
- Citizenship: Shi’ar Empire
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: Praetor of the Imperial Guard; Former Majestor of the Shi’ar Empire; possible former Herald of Galactus
- Education: Gladiator training process
- Gender: Male
- Height: 6′ 6″ (1.98 m)
- Weight: 595 lbs (269.89 kg)
- Eyes: Blue
- Hair: Blue
- Unusual Feature: Mohawk style haircut, purple skin, and pointed ears
- Origin: Strontian enhanced to Gladiator level
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
No one can work a Mohawk better then this guy. Introduced in X-Men #107 (1977) by Chris Claremont and Dave Cockrum, Gladiator is the Praetor (supreme leader) of the Shi’Ar Imperial Guard, an team of aliens selected from various races under the Shi’Ar rule and under direct command of the Majestor/Majestris (King or Queen). They are extremely loyal to the throne and not to the individual, no one more so then Gladiator. It doesn’t matter if the individual is a madmen like D’Ken or Vulcan, they will follow their orders. This is what brought him into conflict with the X-men for the first time. When Lilandra escaped to Earth, he was sent to capture the runaway princess. This eventually lead to a battle with the X-men and the Starjammers before D’Ken was killed in a fight for the M’Kraan Crystal. Lilandra took the throne where Gladiator joined her.
During the Dark Phoenix saga, he was the one to lead the Guard in the trail of Jean Grey. The X-men were overwhelmed by the Guard until Jean sacrificed her life. When Vulcan became the king of the Shi’Ar ,he had no choice but to obey him. During the war with the Inhuman and Kree, he disobey the throne for the time ever and sided with Lilandra but when she was assassinated and Vulcan was presumed killed, he reluctantly took the throne by request of his people. He would later join the Annihilators.
For many years, Gladiator was the winner of theFwoosh fan poll. Hasbro did eventually release him but he was part of a SDCC exclusive box set. However, not one to let their fans not have what they want, Hasbro decided to re-release him as part of the Apocalypse wave, making Blastaar the only one left of that box set not to be released.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends X-men Apocalypse Wave Gladiator
- Kallark was actually one of 10 candiates for the name of Gladiator. Each wore similar uniforms. Kallark eventually took the name and was made into the Praetor centuries ago. He was given the cape to how his status.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- Gladiator is a huge part of the X-men mythos so to get him is a blessing and hopefully we will get more of the Guard or even just Lilandra. He is also a large part of the Inhumen’s and Cosmic’s universe, as well as being an sometimes ally to the GOTG. With Quasar being the only one left, he is also part of the Annihilators.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
Alternates: Captain Universes