- Real Name: None
- AKA: Frank; Handsome; Frankenstein; Frankenstein Monster; Monster of Frankenstein; Prometheus; Adam
- Family: Victor Frankenstein (creator)
- Base of Operation: Mobile
- Identity: Secret Identity
- Citizenship: German
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: Wanderer; former caretaker; guardian
- Education: –
- Gender: Male
- Height: 8′ 0″ (2.44 m)
- Weight: 325 lbs (147.42 kg)
- Eyes: Brown
- Hair: Brown
- Unusual Feature: Grey Skin, Body is composed of the stitched together remains of adult male corpses. He has massive scar tissue across the joints of his body where the individual limbs were sewn together. Since none of the Monster’s body parts were taken from living beings, his current form resembles that of an animated cadaver. He has an ash-grey complexion similar to that of the recently deceased. These characteristics, combined with a towering height of eight-feet make the Frankenstein Monster a frightening spectacle to behold.
- Origin: Created in a laboratory in the 18th century.
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
Frankenstein’s Monster’s hatred for his creator goes beyond just him. Based on Mary Shelley’s creation, he was introduced in Menace #7 (1953) by Stan Lee and Joe Moneely. His origins is pretty much the same as the novel, created by Victor Frankenstein, left abandoned, sought Victor and killed him. After that he wondered around the world, encountering many people and suffering many attacks against him.
He first came into contact with the modern heroes when he was made a part of Kang’s Legion of the Unliving. After that he wonder to Los Angeles and encountered Werewolf by night before meeting Ulysses Bloodstone. After Ulysses death, he handed the bloodstone to Elsa and helped her battle monsters. During Fear Itself, he joined up with the Fearless Defenders. Afterward he began hunting down descendants of Victor Frankenstein, using a circus as a cover. He has recently joined Phil Coulson’s version of the Howling Commandoes, a team of monsters heroes.
Frankenstein’s Monster would receive a surprise figure during the Toybiz days as part of a box set with a number of Monsters.
Recommend Figure: Toybiz Marvel Legends Monsters Box set – Frankenstein with Dracula, Werewolf By Night and Zombie
- One of many of Marvel’s monster based on horror novels, Franks design would remain pretty much the same as other media including Universal Studios version.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- This is a figure you may need for your Horror collection as well as complete a number of teams including Howling Commandoes, Legion of the Unliving and Fearless Defenders. However it was hard to find. It might get a remake eventually (probably as a BAF) but it might not be for a while.
- Does it need a remake?:
- Yes, possibly as a BAF.
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.