- Real Name: Pyreus Kril
- AKA: Nova Centurion, Cosmic One
- Family: –
- Base of Operation: Mobile throughout the universe
- Identity: Secret
- Citizenship: Xandarian
- Marital Status: Single
- Occupation: Formerly starship captain, Herald of Galactus
- Education: –
- Gender: Male
- Height: 6′4″ (1.93 m)
- Weight: 220 lbs (99.79 kg)
- Eyes: White
- Hair: Yellow
- Unusual Feature: Firelord’s hair is tinged with cosmic flame and he has gold skin
- Origin: Xandarian transformed by Galactus using the Power Cosmic
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
Trying to save his friend saw him becoming another one of Galactus’ heralds. Introduced in Thor #225 (1974) by Gerry Conway and John Buscema, Pyreus Kril was the first officer of the Xandarian ship, the Way-Opener, under the command of Gabriel Lan. Lan was chosen by Galactus to be his herald, Air-Walker, after Silver Surfer betrayed him to save the Earth. Loyal to Lan, he took command of the ship and eventually transported himself onto Galactus’ ship. He demanded to know what had happened to his friend. Galactus agreed to tell him but only after he agreed to become his Herald. Kril agreed and was transformed into Firelord. He learnt that Lan had died and was replaced with an android.
Firelord would serve Galactus for years until he teamed up with Thor to help defeat Ego. Thor gave Galactus the Destroyer armor as his new herald in exchange for Firelord’s freedom. When the Air-Walker android was destroyed, Firelord took it to an asteroid and buried him. He returned to Xandar to find it had been attacked by Nebula’s and her pirate forces. He would team up with Starfox to track her down. They would later team up with the Avengers to stop Super-Nova, who Mr. Fantastic convinced him that Nebula was in the past. He would later team up with the rest of Galactus heralds to stop Morg. He also revived Air-Walker to help them track down Galactus’ ship and Air-Walker and himself became Galactus’ heralds once more. They would battle Morg again which saw the Air-Walker being destroyed again and Firelord nearly killed but he was saved by Silver Surfer.
Air-Walker was later revived and began traveling with Firelord again but was destroyed again by Annihilus’ forces. Firelord would rescue Silver Surfer alongside Red Shift. They would team up and try and rescue Galactus but Silver Surfer took the role of his herald once more. All three would join Nova’s (Rider) resistance group against the Annihilation wave. He helped capture one of the queens but was left in a coma. He revived to aid Ronan in defeating Ravenous. They would be rescued by Super-Skrull and after Annihilius’ death at the hand of Nova (Rider), he would begin a quest of revenge for the Centurions, a hero team from his home world.
Next to the Surfer and maybe Terrax and Nova, Firelord is one of the most popular Herald. As such he has been requested by fans for years. He would receive a figure as a companion piece to the Haslab Galactus in the F4 retro line.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Fan Channel Exclusive Marvel Legends Fantastic Four Vintage – Firelord
- This is Firelord after he was transformed into a herald by Galactus. This would be his look until he received an update during the Annihilation saga.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- If you were one of the over 30,000 people who back the Haslab Galactus, you will need this figure to stand with him. You will need it for your Heralds collection as well as supporting characters for Thor, Fantastic Four and the Avengers. If you are building a cosmic shelf, you will need it for that shelf as well.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
Universe: Prime Universe (Earth-616)