- Real Name: Unknown (probably unpronounceable)
- AKA: He Whose Limbs Shatter Mountains and Whose Back Scrapes the Sun (translation), Serpent
- Family: Fraktur (cousin)
- Base of Operation: New York, New York; formerly Valley of the Sleeping Dragon in China; Kakaranthara (also known as Maklu IV) in the Maklu system of the Greater Magellanic Cloud
- Identity: No Dual Identity
- Citizenship: Kakarantharaian
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: Chef; former world conqueror, starship navigator
- Education: –
- Gender: Male
- Height: Variable (from micro to 414 ft)
- Weight: Variable (from 0 to 146000 tons)
- Eyes: Red
- Hair: No Hair
- Unusual Feautre: Fin Fang Foom’s appearance is very similar to that of a dragon in Chinese mythology. As such, Fin Fang Foom possesses Green scaly skin, wings, an elongated neck, antennae, clawed hands and feet and a tail.
- Origin: Makluan (current body also include reptile genes and traces of Human DNA)
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
His race may be why many cultures have depiction of dragons. Introduced in Strange Tales #89 (1961) by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, Fin Fang Foom hails from an alien races that appear similar to predictions of legendary dragons. FFF and his crew crashed land in ancient China. His crew went to prepare Earth for their invasion while FFF waited in the ship. He would appear a few times to human but would return to the ship to sleep. He eventually be captured by the Collector but was freed by Mole Man and the F4. Evenutally the man who would become the Mandarin discovered FFF’s ship and found his power rings. This ruse FFF from his slumber who agreed to work with Mandarin. However, FFF would betray Mandarin when his crew would appear to conquer the Earth, causing Mandarin to team up with Iron Man to stop them causing FFF to lose his body.
He (of course) gained a new body and would later battle the Hulk in Antarctica. He would later pretend to be the Midgard Serpent (and changed his color to orange) and battle Thor. After constant defeats, Foom changed his outlook and enter a rehabilitating program for monster, organised by Reed Richards. He would lead a team of monsters to defend the planet from Tim Boo Ba. He would later save Christmas and was beaten by Squirrel Girl. He would later be control by Mentallo to work for Roxxon before being summon by Tyrannus with other monsters to fight the Hulk. Foom would later be the person to inform Kid Kaijuu of his summoning powers and would help him defeat the Leviathons. Because of his heroics, he was deemed a traitor and hunted by his race. He was saved by the Agents of Wakanda.
For years, FFF would be the number one most requested figure for a BAF. He would finally receive a baf as the BAF of a Hulk wave. He was also supposed to receive Marvel Universe set in his orange colors, but the failing line caused this to be cancelled.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Hulk Fin Fang Foom wave – Fin Fang Foom
- FFF is not a dragon. He is part of a race of aliens that happen to appear as a dragon depicted in of myth and legends. In Foom’s case he appears similar to depiction of Chinese dragons. He is also usually depicted with purple pants.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- You may need this for a Hulk, Thor or (my preference) an Iron Man collection. Since building this is expensive, I wouldn’t discourage you from getting it from other methods.
- Does it need a remake?:
- This one is actually a bit hard. This figure is actually perfect as is (even without the trunks). However, because Hasbro horrible distribution at the time, many people couldn’t get him. If Hasbro was to just re-release this, I wouldn’t be upset. However, I think he should be considered a Haslab contender.
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.