- Real Name: Amora
- AKA: Amora Incantare, Amora Lorelei, Valkyrie, Leena Moran, Helen Eve, Idunn, Idun, Iduna, Mardöll (“Sea-Bright”), Freyja (“the Lady”), Gefn (“the Giver”), Christine Collins, numerous others
- Family: Lorelei (sister); Bragi (former husband); unnamed Frost Giant (former forced husband)
- Base of Operation: Asgard
- Identity: Public Identity
- Citizenship: Asgardian
- Marital Status: Single
- Occupation: Sorceress, formerly Harem Queen
- Education: Extensive studies of arcane arts.
- Gender: Female
- Height: 6′ 3″ (1.91 m)
- Weight: 450 lbs (204.12 kg)
- Eyes: Green
- Hair: Blond
- Origin: Asgardian
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
She knows how to use her looks. Introduced in Journey into Mystery #103 (1964) by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, Amora learned magic under Karnilla until she was expelled by her. After that she studied magic under other mages, using her appearance to seduce them. She would eventually try to recruit Brunnhilde in her plan to conquer Asgard, but the Valkyrie turned against her. Amora trapped her spirit in a crystal. She would later seduce Skurge, the Executioner, into falling in love with her and using him in her schemes against Thor, who she was in love with, but he didn’t love her back.
She would eventually team up with many of Thor’s and the Avengers enemies, including Loki and Baron Zemo’s Masters of Evil. After fighting Dazzler for a while, she would be one of many villains kidnapped by the Beyonder for the Secret War. She was eventually sent into the past by Odin as punishment for her crime but worked with the rest of Asgard in Surtur’s invasion, earning their right back into the kingdom. Despite only using him for her scheme, she would grieve for Executioner’s death. She would eventually begin a relationship with Thor, but it was cut short when Ragnarok accord.
Like all her race, she was revived but in order to stop her loneliness, she tried and used the World Tree to revive Skurge and was stopped by Thor, Loki and Balder. After Fear Itself and Thor’s “death”, she found Donald Blake by himself and turned him into the Keep, using him to attack Asgard. Magneto later recruited her to stop Red Onslaught, where she was inverted into a hero and would later help turn the hero back to normal. She would join Malekith’s Dark Council and aided him in taking over the realms, becoming the master of South Africa. She was defeated by Dr. Strange and Captain Marvel. She would later help her son rescue his brother when he was kidnapped by Pulsari.
As one of Thor’s most frequent villains, Enchantress has been requested by fans for many years, usually with Skurge. While we haven’t gotten a comic Skurge yet, she was released as part of the SDCC exclusive Raft set which was later repainted and re-released in Dr. Strange Dormammu wave.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro SDCC Exclusive Marvel Legends The Raft box set – Enchantress with Abomination, Dreadknight, Sandman and Purple Man OR Dr. Strange Dormammu wave – Mystic Rivals Enchantress
- This is Enchantress as she usually appears in the comic and to which later costumes are based on. Like all classic versions, it has been drawn different by various artists.
- Why do you need it for your collection?
- If you are a Thor collector, then you need this character. She is one of the most frequent and important villains in Thor’s mythos, up there with Loki and Malekith. It would later be needed for Avengers fans, with her being a member of the Masters. Dr. Strange fans may also want her as they would clash a few times.
- Does it need a remake?
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not facts. Please let me know if I have missed anything.