- Real Name: Elihas Starr
- AKA: Carl Striker; Tarantula
- Family: Patricia “Trish” Starr (niece)
- Base of Operation: Manhattan, New York City, New York, USA
- Identity: Public
- Citizenship: American
- Marital Status: Single
- Occupation: Criminal mastermind; former atomic scientist
- Education: Degree in atomic science
- Gender: Male
- Height: 5′7″ (1.7 m)
- Weight: 320 lbs (145.15 kg)
- Eyes: Blue
- Hair: Bald
- Unusual Feature: An extended cranium
- Origin: Human, Genius scientist, found guilty of espionage and turned to life of crime.
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
He is Hank Pym’s self-proclaimed arch-nemesis. Introduced in Tales to Astonish #38 (1962) by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, Dr. Elihas Starr was a researcher at a nuclear facility, who was caught trying to steal top secret documents and sell them on the open market. He was arrested and was to be tried for treason until the criminal underworld, who gave him the nickname Egghead, offered to free him and begin working for them. To prove his worth, he was given the task of defeating Ant-man, then Hank Pym, but he was defeated which led to the Crimelord being arrested. Egghead escaped and swore revenge against Pym.
He would continue to be a threat to Ant-man, later Giant Man, and Wasp and would eventually be sent to prison. He of course escaped and continued his campaign against Pym. He would begin working with other villains and was one of the people who founded the Intelligencia. He would create his own team called Emissaries of Evil alongside Rhino, Solarr and Cobalt Man and would later form the third version of the Masters of Evil, which saw him fake his death when his gun blows up in his face. He was revived with the help of Rejuvetech serum. He brainwashed Raz Malhotra to try and steal some of Pym’s tech but was stopped by Pym, Ant-man (Lang), the A.I. Avengers and Raz, who broke out of his mind-control. He would later work with Darren Cross to infiltrate one of Pym’s labs that was in one of Pym’s helmets. They stole one of Pym’s Yellowjacket suits, which Cross would wear, and attacked a courtroom that Scott Lang was under trail at.
While he is considered Pym’s arch-nemesis alongside Ultron, Egghead was a little-known character due to his death. However, there have been people asking for a figure of him for years. He would receive a figure as part of the Quantumania wave.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Ant-man and the Wasp: Quantumania Cassie Lang wave – Egghead
- Egghead was never a character known for wearing costume, instead choosing to wear a business with a labcoat. While he is depicted in early appearance as a plump man, it seems that after faking his death, he bulked up as he has been depicted a more muscular in recent stories like in Astonishing Ant-man comics.
- Why do you need it for your collection?
- If you are a fan of the Ant-man character, be it Pym or Lang, you will need this character in your rogue’s gallery. He is a main villain for Pym. You can also get him for your Avengers villains shelf, especially the Emissaries of Evil and Masters of Evil teams.
- Does it need a remake?
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not facts. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
None at the moment
Universe: Prime Universe (Earth-616)