- Real Name: Unknown
- AKA: Everyone’s Favorite Talking Blob, Daap, Green One, Mr. D, Doopster
- Family: Mama Doop
- Base of Operation: X-Statix Tower, Santa Monica, Los Angeles, California; formerly Xavier Institute for Mutant Education and Outreach, Central Park, Manhattan, New York City, New York, Jean Grey School for Higher Learning, Salem Center, Westchester County, New York
- Identity: No Dual Identity
- Citizenship: –
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: Adventurer, receptionist, kitchen-maid; formerly celebrity, videographer, philanthropist, and priest
- Education: –
- Gender: Male
- Height: 3′ 0″ (91.44 cm) (Variable)
- Weight: Variable
- Eyes: Variable
- Hair: Black
- Origin: Artificial Being
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
Introduced in X-Force #116 (2001) by Peter Milligan and Mike Allred, Doop was introduced as the camera man of the media selected new X-force team, more commonly known as X-Static. His origins are difficult to know are true but according to Captain America, he was created by the US Government during the Cold War. Apparently, he help bring down the Communist Party in Russia and had met Wolverine before he was kidnapped by Weapon X.
He would join a new X-force team and was one of the few survivor of their first mission. They would change their name to X-Static. He would become the most popular member of the team, earning many merchandise. He was later believed killed with everyone in the team’s final member. He has, of course brought back to life and was spotted in Space. He later crashed landed on Earth and was found by Polaris who named him Daap. He was later blasted into space by Havok but took Polaris and Leaper Queen with him. The two ladies were captured by Apocalypse and Doop was ejected out into space.
When the X-men broke up into 2 team following Schism, Wolverine hired Doop as the school receptionist. Appearing lazy and sleeping on the job, this was a front to allow Doop to perform task that Wolverine couldn’t, like battling enemies. He also got the support of the local residents and council members, usually by either blackmailing the outspoken council member or sleeping with them (be it man or woman. He also started a relationship with Warbird, Kid Gladiators guardian from the Shi’Ar. He was last seen re-joining all mutants on Krakoa.
Out of all the X-Static character, Doop is the most famous and one of the few to keep re-appearing in future titles. As for figures, he would receive a pack-in figure with Deadpool as part of Toybiz’s sixth series of Marvel Legends.
Recommend Figure: Toybiz Marvel Legends Series 6 – Doop (Packed in with Deadpool)
- Inspired by the Ghostbuster’s Slimer, Doop has always been a floating blob with his own unique language that most people seem to understand. He has been mostly drawn the same with each artist given their own unique flair.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- This one is going to be hard to get. Hell, just getting the Deadpool with the Doop was hard to get. This was mostly due to the fact that many store wouldn’t stock figures with “dead” in the name (it was still the early 2000s). Since we will probably never get any of the other X-Static members, if you have to get it, then get it for his appearances as an X-men member.
- Does it need a remake?:
- Yes, if anything just for people who couldn’t get him.
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
None at the moment.
Universe: Prime Universe (Earth-616)