- Real Name: Death
- AKA: Spectre of Death, Carlos Muerte, Death Ryder, Marcia Lang, Mistress Death,John Kowalski, Little Man, X-8-8, Grim Reaper, Marlo Chandler, Kid Reaper
- Family: God (alleged creator/brother); Eternity, Galactus, Infinity, Oblivion (siblings); Rot (son by Thanos)
- Base of Operation: Realm of Death, Overspace
- Identity: No Dual Identity
- Citizenship: –
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: Cosmic Entity
- Education: –
- Gender: Female
- Height: Variable (5’7″ as Madame Death)
- Weight: Variable (139 lbs (63 kg) as Madame Death)
- Eyes: Variable (Black as Mistress Death)
- Hair: Variable (Black as Mistress Death)
- Origin: Abstract Entity
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
Death isn’t evil. She just is. Introduced in Marvel Mystery Comics #10 (1940) by Jack Kirby and Joe Simmons, the entity that embodies death and destruction was born when the universe was created to be the opposite of Eternity, the embodies life and creation. Death would guide soul to the afterlife. She would eventually appear before Thanos and worked to make him her agent of death appearing as a beautiful woman. Thanos would become infatuated with her and began working to earn her love. This would eventually lead to him using the Infinity Gauntlet to wipe out half the universe. This didn’t impress Death as Thanos had broken the balance of the universe.
She would also appear before Deadpool and he would also fall in love with her. She would continue to use Thanos like when she used him to stop Annihilus from destroying the universe. After he was killed by Drax, she welcomed him into her realm. She would eventually be abducted by her brother Eternity, driven crazy after the Incursions. She would be saved by Thanos and Deadpool and balance was restored. She would later use Thanos’s son, Thane, against the titan and Thanos would renounce his love for her.
Death hasn’t received a figure in Marvel Legends yet, but many people have used the figurine that came with the Marvel Legends Thanos.
Recommend Figure: Diamond Select Marvel Select – Death pack-in with Thanos
- Like many abstract beings, Death doesn’t have one set form, appearing differently to different people. For most she appears a female version of the Grim Reaper, minus the scythe.
- Why do you need it for your collection?
- If you do want to get this set, you can use the figurine to stand next to Thanos (or Deadpool) and on a Cosmic shelf.
- Does it need a remake?
- Hasbro hasn’t release a version of her yet so hopefully they will eventually.
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not facts. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
None at the moment
Universe: Prime Universe (Earth-616)