- Real Name: Danger Room
- AKA: –
- Family: Charles Xavier (creator); “Unborn Child”
- Base of Operation: Serval Industries, Virginia; formerly X-Brig, Utopia, San Francisco Bay, California; formerly Cooterman’s Creek, Australian Outback, Australia; Xavier Institute for Higher Learning, Salem Center, Westchester County, New York
- Identity: No Dual Identity
- Citizenship: –
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: Adventurer; former Warden of X-Brig, villain
- Education: Years of analyzing and recording battle tactics employed by the X-Men
- Gender: Female
- Height: 6′ 0″ (1.83 m)
- Weight: 275 lbs (124.74 kg)
- Eyes: –
- Hair: No Hair blue wires instead of hair
- Unusual Feature: Danger is an artificial being constructed of metal alloys. While Danger has no actual gender, it has taken physical shape resembling that of a humanoid female
- Origin: Robotic Mutant Artificial intelligence (Danger Room and Shi’ar tech mutated)
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
Her job was to train but not kill the X-men. Introduced in Astonishing X-Men (Vol. 3) #9 by Joss Whedon and John Cassaday, when Xavier upgraded the Danger Room with Shi’Ar tech, the tech became sentient and want to be free. However, Xavier instead lock the tech inside the computer and ignored it for years. After Xorn’s attack on New York, Beast upgraded the Danger Room not knowing of the sentient program. It would use it’s powers to trick young mutant to commit suicide. This cause her to break her prime directive of not killing the X-men and allowing her to manifest a physical female body. She took the Blackbird and went to try and kill Xavier, who was living on the destroy nation of Genosha. She used the deactivated Omega Sentinels to attack the X-men but Shadowcat convinced her to look at the damage the country has received and Danger left to spend some time alone.
She would later team up with Ord to try and kill the X-men but Emma Frost convinced her to help save Earth in exchange for Xavier’s location. After locating Xavier in the X-men’s old Australian based, she teamed up with Rogue to protect Xavier. Xavier was able to reconcile with Danger after convincing her that she never wanted to kill the X-men. She would join the X-men in Utopia becoming the warden of their jail. She also helped the X-Club, a team of mutant scientists, in matters of helping mutants. After AVX, she would join Magneto and Magik in breaking Cyclops out of jail but would leave soon after. She would later join a new version of X-factor before becoming the jet for the time-displaced X-men team. She has been seen on Krakoa with other mutants.
With how popular Whedon’s run on the X-men books was, it was only a matter of time until we got a Danger figure, this time as part of the third Hasbro Marvel Legends wave (the Brood Queen wave).
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Brood Queen Wave – Danger
- When Danger broke her prime directive of not killing the X-men, this allowed her to use the Shi-Ar to create a new body for herself. For a yet unexplained reason, she took on a female robotic form which would become her standard form. As always it has been drawn differently by different artists.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- This is one of those character that you can use as both a member of the X-men villains shelf or as a member of the X-men itself. This is particularly needed if you want to recreate the Astonishing X-men comics.
- Does it need a remake?:
- Yes. The figure itself still stands up today but it needs to be remade so other could get a chance at this character.
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.