- Real Name: Akihiro
- AKA: Daken Akihiro, Kid-Wolverine, “Mongrel”, Wolverine
- Family: Mr. Howlett (step-paternal great grandfather, deceased); John Howlett, Sr. (step-paternal grandfather, deceased); Thomas Logan (paternal grandfather, deceased); Elizabeth Howlett (paternal grandmother, deceased); Elias Hudson & Frederick Hudson (grand-uncles, deceased); Logan (father); Itsu (mother, deceased); Akihira (adoptive father, deceased); Natsumi (adoptive mother, deceased); Dog Logan (paternal uncle); John Howlett, Jr. (paternal uncle, deceased); Erista (paternal half-brother); Cannon Foot, Saw Fist & William Downing (paternal half-brothers, deceased); Junichiro (adoptive brother, deceased); Laura Kinney (paternal half-sister); Gabby Kinney (clone of paternal half-sister / “paternal half-sister”); Fire Knives & Shadow S. (paternal half-sisters, deceased); Raze Darkholme (paternal half-brother); Amiko (foster sister); Frederick Hudson II (first cousin once removed); Truett Hudson (second cousin); Victor Hudson (second cousin); James Hudson (second cousin)
- Base of Operation: Krakoa, Pacific Ocean; formerly X-Mansion, Hightown, Madripoor; Los Angeles, California; Alcatraz Island, San Francisco Bay, California; H.A.M.M.E.R. secret base
- Identity: Secret Identity
- Citizenship: Japanese, Krakoan
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: Adventurer; former assassin, criminal, Horseman of Death, government operative
- Education: –
- Gender: Male
- Height: 5′ 9″ (1.75 m)
- Weight: 167 lbs (75.75 kg)
- Eyes: Blue
- Hair: Black
- Unusual Features: Large tribal tattoo extending from the center of his abdomen and covering most of his left pectoral muscle, trapezius, and arm all the way down to his hand; Two retractable bone claws on the hand; one retractable bone claw on the undersides of his wrists
- Origin: Mutant
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
He is the son that Wolverine didn’t know he had. Introduced in Wolverine: Origins #5 (2006) by Daniel Way and Steve Dillon, after the event of M-Day, Wolverine regained all his memories, including that he married to a Japanese women named Itsu, who was pregnant with his child. However, Winter Soldier, under orders from Romulus, assassinated Itsu. Wolverine believed that he had killed their child as well, but Romulus discover that the baby had survived thanks to the fact that he shared his father’s healing factor. Romulus arranged for him to be adopted by another couple. Because of his mixed-race appearance, child and adult insulted him by calling him “Daken”, a word that means mongrel. After killing his brother and mother and his adopted father committing suicide, Romulus appeared before the boy and began training him to kill his birth father. He was trained under Cyber. Romulus lied to Daken by telling him that Wolverine was the one that killed Itsu. Daken swore revenge against his father. He began working as an assassin and would be the person who arrange for the Mongrel, Wolverine’s other children, to attack their father.
He finally met his father by sneaking into a SHIELD helicarrier where Wolverine was imprisoned at the time. Wolverine would then begin working to save his son from his criminal ways, but Daken was in his ways. He only teamed up with his father when he learnt the truth about his mother and wanted to take down Romulus. However, he would betray Wolverine and during the Dark Reign event, would join the Dark Avengers and Dark X-men as the teams Wolverine. He would also have the Muramasa blade melted down and crafted to his claws. He would later met and fight his sister, X-23. Skipping ahead, he would eventually join up with Sabretooth’s Brotherhood of Mutants in their effort to capture Genesis and turn him into the next Apocalypse. In ensuing battle, Wolverine was left with no choice but to kill his son by drowning him in a puddle.
Daken was revived by the Apocalypse Twins and would become the pair’s Horseman of Death. The Twins would be defeated but Daken was left alive. He would be one of the people that joined the Wolverines after his father’s death. He would grow closer to his sister, and they would eventually make their peace with each other. After battling Iceman, he would resurface to help his sister absorb a disease that was killing people on Roosevelt Island and would later be targeted by the Orphan of X. He later learnt of his father’s revival and would fight him. He would be invited to join the rest of Mutantkind on Krakoa where he would bond with his father. He would eventually join X-factor.
Since his introduction, Daken has become a mainstay of the Wolverine mythos. As such he has received a few figures in many lines. His only ML so far however was part of the Return of Marvel Legends Arnim Zola wave, with an unmasked variant.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Return of Marvel Legends Arnim Zola wave – Dark Wolverine
- When Norman Osborn was given power over SHIELD, which he renamed HAMMER, he began assembling his own Avengers team. Wanting to have his team like the older Avengers and wanting to gain the public appeal, he recruited Daken to take his father place as the teams Wolverine. Daken was give one of his father’s old design. It should be noted that Daken as two claws between his knuckles and another at his wrist. It also should be noted that Daken’s claw were once cover in the metal of the Muramasa blade, but this was soon removed with his bone claws becoming his standard claws.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- You will need this for your Wolverine collections for either your Wolverine’s family, foes, or Alternate Wolverines. You will also need it for the Dark Avengers, X-men, Dark X-men and X-Factor.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not facts. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
Alternates: Horsemen of Death | Wolverines
Universe: Prime Universe (Earth-616)