- Real Name: Silas Burr
- AKA: Hornet, formerly Milo Gunderson
- Family: Unnamed ex-wife
- Base of Operation: Mobile, Formally Thorne Theater, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Identity: Secret Identity
- Citizenship: Canadian
- Martial Status: Divorced
- Occupation: Mercenary, former enforcer, soldier
- Education: Training as a Pinkerton Detective and unidentified training at a vocational college
- Gender: Male
- Height: 6′6″ (1.98 m) (Current Body), 6′4″ (1.93 m) (Original Body)
- Weight: 400 lbs (181.44 kg) (Current Body),
365 lbs (165.56 kg) (Original Body)
- Eyes: Blue (Current), Hazel (Original)
- Hair: Black (Current), Blond (Original)
- Unusual Features: In his current body, Cyber has recently undergone a process that has grafted his skin with adamantium.
- Origin: Mutant; later Cyborg
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
He is the one person that Wolverine genuinely fears. Introduced in Marvel Comics Presents #85 (1991) by Peter David and Sam Kieth, this once agent of Romulus was put in charge of training the unit that Logan was part of when he was a member of the Canadian Army. He would torment the young mutant and even killed a woman Logan was in love with in front of him. Burr severely beat Logan, causing the mutant to develop a fear of Burr. Years later he would train Logan’s son Daken, who was under orders from Romulus to kill everyone at the training facility. Romulus spared Burr and gave him an adamantium skeleton and arms, becoming Cyber.
While worker under a Madripoor drug lord, he was reunited with Logan, now Wolverine and beat him. Wolverine would beat him later and Cyber would lose an eye, which was replace with a cybernetic one. Cyber would fight Wolverine and other X-men, but would eventually be killed by Genesis, Cable’s brainwashed son. He would later be resurrected when he took over the body of a man with a child-like mind. He would get the Thinkerer to redo his adamantium arms and went to attack Wolverine and Daken, but his body suffered a heart attack and died. He was sent to hell but at some point returned to life. He was eventually killed again. Back in hell, he made a deal with a demon and was brought back to life to impersonate the Hornet, a former identity of Spider-man and a member of the Slinger. Scarlet Spider and the second Hornet’s former teammate worked together to bring down this imposter of their friend and the demon.
While a little known villain for many readers, for Wolverine fans he is one of the characters that has been asked for. He would finally receive a figure as part of an Amazon Exclusive Wolverine box set.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Amazon Exclusive Marvel Legends Wolverine Box set – Cyber with Wolverine, Omega Red, Jason Wyngarde and Callisto
- Cyber as he appears throughout many of his appearances. His design is very basic, with a blue (sometimes black) body suit with a mask and metal arms. The tips of his claws contain poison that can work on even Wolverine.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- If you are a Wolverine fan, then you should pick this up. Cyber is one of the few characters beyond Wolverine’s big 3 (Sabretooth, Omega Red and Lady Deathstrike) that can be considered one of Wolverine greatest enemies. Beyond that, there is no real reason to get him as he doesn’t battle other heroes much, with the Hornet period being him in a different costume.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
Universe: Prime Universe (Earth-616)