- Real Name: Gennady Dmitreivich Gavrilov
- AKA: Trouble Magnet, Iron Gennady, Gyena, Kulakh42, Gennadius Horribilius the ‘Slouching Terror’
- Family: Anna (mother), Dmitri (father), Stepan (stepfather), Nelli (stepsister)
- Base of Operation: Moscow
- Identity: Secret Identity
- Citizenship: Russian
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: College student; maintenance worker
- Education: College
- Gender: Male
- Height: 5′ 9″ (1.75 m) ; 8′ (in armor)
- Weight: 137 lbs (62.14 kg) ; 1267 lbs (in armor)
- Eyes: Brown
- Hair: Brown
- Origin: Human who ses Anton Vanko’s lost prototype Crimson Dynamo Armor Mark II
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
The eighth Crimson Dynamo is the only one to hold his own comic. Introduced in Crimson Dynamo #1 (2003) by John Jackson Miller and Steve Ellis, Gavrilov was a college who stumbled upon a helmet he thought was for a VR game. However, it turned out that this helmet could remote control a Crimson Dynamo armor that was designed by the first CD, Ivan Vanko. After accidentally allowing the armor to rampage through Moscov and upgrading the suit, he was hunted down by rogue agents and the military. He would later team up with Iron Man to stop the pursuers. He was later hired by Diablo to help steal the Destroyer armor, where he battle Iron Man and Thor.
And that’s pretty much it. He is not the person people think of when they think of Crimson Dynamo but he was one of 2 version that ever got a figure. For him, it was as a BAF for the first Black Widow wave.
Eighth Crimson Dynamo
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Black Widow Crimson Dynamo Wave – Crimson Dynamo (BAF)
- It’s ironic that the Eight Crimson Dynamo is actually wearing the second armor. The gauntlets were added by Gavrilov in order to prevent the suit from overheating. The suit actually was designed to give it a steampunk look.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- I wouldn’t say you really need this figure. I mean it’s a fantastic figure but unless you have to have every character, then you probably won’t want this as it was very short lived. Only get for your Iron Man villains and Russian heroes. Otherwise skip.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.