- Real Name: Burchell Clemens
- AKA: –
- Family: –
- Base of Operation: Serpent Citadel
- Identity: Secret Identity
- Citizenship: American
- Marital Status: Single
- Occupation: Professional Criminal
- Education: –
- Gender: Male
- Height: 6′ 0″ (1.83 m)
- Weight: 220 lbs (99.79 kg)
- Eyes: Brown
- Hair: Black
- Unusual Feature: Snake fangs in place of teeth.
- Origin: Human Cyborg
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
Well, at least he won’t have to worry about eating a mega-burger. Introduced in Captain America #310 (1985) by Mark Gruenwald and Paul Neary, not much is known about Cottonmouth’s early life beyond that he was a criminal active in the south of America. He was one of many that Sidewinder invited to join his Serpent Society, and along with Asp was sent to advertise the Society to Kingpin. One of the first missions the Society had was to kill MODOK for AIM. This brought them into conflict with Cap and while he managed to defeat most of the Society, Cottonmouth and Death Adder manage to kill MODOK. He would later battle Cap again but was defeated and captured.
When Viper (Madame Hydra) took control of the Society, Cottonmouth sided with Sidewinder. However, Viper poisoned him and forced him to obey her. He would try and kill Diamondback when she tried to rescue Sidewinder. He would remain with the Society when King Cobra took over and remained with the Society. He was later believed kill by Deadpool but would later return when the group battle Hope Summer and later Sam Wilson (who was Captain America at the time). He was one of the many animal theme villains that was captured and hunted by Kraven in Central Park. They escaped but were captured by the heroes. He was later beaten up by MODOK.
Let’s be honest. No one was really asking for Cottonmouth. Most didn’t know who he was at the time. However, Hasbro, probably needing to fill a spot, released a figure as part the Civil War Red Onslaught wave. This started the trend of Marvel slotting in a Society into a wave to fill a spot.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Captain America: Civil War Red Onslaught – Forces of Evil Cottonmouth
- This is Cottonmouth as he usually appears. It follows the snake theme of the whole Society with him patterning his motif off the Cottonmouth snake, a snake known for being able to open its mouth an absurd amount, which he can do himself. As always this has been drawn differently.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- This is a character that you will need if you want to start building the Serpent Society. If you have no interest in that, then the only real other collection you can put him in is a Captain America’s rogue gallery.
- Does it need a remake?:
- No. But if they were to release it with a new dislocated jaw head, I wouldn’t no.
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
None at the moment
Universe: Prime Universe (Earth-616)