- Real Name: Roscoe Simons
- AKA: –
- Family: –
- Base of Operation: New York City, New York
- Identity: Secret
- Citizenship: American
- Marital Status: –
- Occupation: Mechanic
- Education: High school dropout
- Gender: Male
- Height: 5′9″ (1.75 m)
- Weight: 207 lbs (93.89 kg)
- Eyes: Blue
- Hair: Brown
- Unusual Feature: –
- Origin: Human, a dedicated Captain America fan who was able to get his hero to accept him as his successor when Rogers became disillusioned with the USA government and gave up the role of Captain America.
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
He actually got Cap to approve of him. Introduced by Captain America #178 (1974) by Steve Englehart and Sal Buscema, following Steve retirement as Captain America and becoming Nomad as well as two other people trying to take the role, Roscoe Simons was a mechanic and fan of Steve Rogers. Instead of just trying to take up the mantle, he instead sought out Steve Rogers, hoping to be trained by him. Falcon tried to dissuade him from becoming Cap, but Simons insisted on taking the mantle impressed Falcon and he began to train him. Simons took up the mantle and helped Falcon fight a few villains. However, when Simons stumbled upon the Red Skull operations, the villain crucified and killed Simons when he learnt that it wasn’t Steve Rogers. After Steve and Falcon found Simons body, Steve decided to retake the mantle against.
Simons would wear Cap’s classic suit so any figure of the Classic Captain America can be used as this character as well.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Fan Channel Exclusive Marvel Legends 20th Anniversary – Captain America
- After impressing Falcon and getting Steve approval, Simons would be given the Captain America suit. His iconic and (at the time) graphic depiction is when he was killed by Red Skull and left crucified on a rooftop chimney.
- Why do you need it for your collection?
- If we ever get a Nomad figure, then you can use the classic Cap to recreate this iconic scene.
- Does it need a remake?
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not facts. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
None at the moment
Alternates: Captain America s
Universe: Prime Universe (Earth-616)