- Real Name: Unknown
- AKA: Cally, White Knight
- Family: ?
- Base of Operation: Krakoa, Pacific Ocean; tunnels below Mutant Town, New York City
- Identity: Secret
- Citizenship: American, Krakoan
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: Adventurer; former terrorist, operative of Professor X, arena fighter, bodyguard, Morlock leader, fashion model
- Education: –
- Gender: Female
- Height: 5′9″ (1.75 m)
- Weight: 130 lbs (58.97 kg)
- Eyes: Blue
- Hair: Black
- Unusual Features: Callisto wears an eye patch over her right eye; formerly scars on her cheeks, possessed a set of tentacles in place of each arm for a short period, due to Masque’s action
- Origin: Mutant
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
She want from a beautiful girl to leader of ugly mutants. Introduced in Uncanny X-Men #169 (1983) by Chris Claremont and Paul Smith, Callisto was once a beautiful young girl who was horribly disfigured and had one eye blinded when it was discovered she was a mutant. Realizing what this meant, she decided to leave society and begin a new life underground, in New York’s sewers. She also began gathering other similar mutant to live with her as the Morlock. They would remain hidden for many years, until Callisto kidnapped Angel to be her consort. When the X-men went to rescue him, Storm challenged her to trail by combat, winning the rights as leader of the Morlock.
The 2 groups would remain close after, with Callisto being the defacto leader in Storms’ absence. However, many of the Morlock were slaughtered when Mr. Sinister sent the Marauder to cull the Morlocks. Those who survived were taken to Muir Island, where they were treated by Moira MacTaggart. Callisto became her bodyguard in gratitude. Callisto was later manipulated by Masque, a fellow Morlock, but was rescued by Colossus. After an attack by the remaining Morlock, Callisto helped Mikhail Rasputin in destroying the Morlock tunnel and transporting the remaining Morlock to his dimension. Callisto would return to seek aided from the X-men to stop the Gene Nation, a group of Anti-Human Morlocks. She would later send the Gene Nation leader Marrow to join the X-men.
As some point, Callisto was seen fighting in the Arena, which was under the control of Masque. He had also given Callisto tentacles for arms. She would team up with Storm to bring down the Arena and Masque. At Storm’s request, she would join Prof X’s effort to help restore Genosha after Cassandra Nova’s Sentinel attack. She would lose her power after M-Day and had her arms restore. However, this caused her to take Quicksilver’s offer to use the Terrigen Mist to restore her powers but her enhanced senses caused her great pain. She would join X-Cell to attack the government but was stopped by X-Factor. She would return to the sewers where she began taking in runaway children. She would later join many mutants on Krakoa and would join the Hellfire trading company as White Knight.
Out of all the Morlocks, Callisto was the one that most fans of X-men wanted to be made into a figures. She would later be reveals as part of an Amazon Exclusive Wolverine box set as part of a near week long reveal event done by many influencers. She was revealed by http://thefwoosh.com.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Amazon Exclusive Marvel Legends Wolverine Box set – Callisto with Wolverine, Omega Red, Jason Wyngarde and Cyber
- Callisto has had a number of looks but most of the borrow heavily from Punk Rock. This is the version she is most associated with. She is also originally shown as alot more skinnier and with a flatter chest but more recent art has shown of with a fuller body, which is what the figure is based on.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- This is a character that you will need for your X-men collection as either a member or a villain. It is also nice to get this to go with the Caliban figure as that is the only other Morlock we have. For Storm fans, Callisto is considered Storm arch-nemesis / rival so you will need it for that. If none of these interest you, then skip.
- Does it need a remake?:
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.