- Real Name: Valeria Meghan Richards
- AKA: Val, Worlds Smartest Girl
- Family: John Richards (paternal great-grandfather); Laura Richards (paternal great-grandmother, presumed deceased); Nathaniel Richards (paternal grandfather, deceased); Evelyn Richards (paternal grandmother, deceased); Franklin Storm (maternal grandfather, deceased); Mary Storm (maternal grandmother, deceased); Reed Richards (father); Susan Storm (mother); Franklin Richards (brother); Ted Richards (paternal great-uncle; deceased); Marygay Jewel Dinkins (maternal great-aunt); Johnny Storm (maternal uncle); Tara Richards (paternal aunt); Arthur Richards (paternal uncle); Joanna Jeffers (paternal aunt); Kristoff Vernard (alleged paternal uncle); Bones (maternal first cousin once removed); Hamish Richards (paternal first cousin once removed); Angus Richards (second cousin); Victor von Doom (godfather)
- Base of Operation: 4 Yancy Street, Yancy Street, Lower East Side, Manhattan, New York City, New York, Formerly Baxter Building, Manhattan, New York City, New York
- Identity: Public
- Citizenship: American
- Marital Status: Single
- Occupation: Adventurer, scientist
- Gender: Female
- Height: 3′4″ (1.02 m)
- Weight: 40 lbs (18.14 kg)
- Eyes: Blue
- Hair: Blond
- Unusual Feature: –
- Origin: Human
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
She has her mom’s looks and her father’s brain. Introduced in Fantastic Four #254 (1983) Rafael Marin and Tom Grummett, this child was initially conceived in the Negative Zone and combined with her parent’s cosmic radiation, cause her to miscarriage, despite the effort of many of Marvel’s greatest minds. This would be traumatic for the Richards and an encounter with a future version of Valeria, caused Franklin to use most of his powers to cause Valeria to be placed in Sue again. Sue would give birth to her daughter soon after but since Reed was captured by the Hidden Ones, Johnny had no choice but to turn to Dr. Doom to help his sister and save his niece. Doom agreed on the condition that he be allowed to name the child, which he called Valeria after his first love.
However, this turned out to be another plot by Doom to make Val his familiar against the F4 but with the aid of Dr. Strange, the team manage to defeat the villain. A visit from a future version of Sue, who was posing as the children nanny, revealed that Val was a hyper intelligent child at the young ages of 1/2, able to speak in full sentences. She initially kept this a secret from her family but would reveal this to them and began working with her father on his projects. She would also help the team on their adventure and soon joined the Future Foundation. When Reed revealed the Council of Reeds, it was Val’s idea to recruit some of the F4 villains in order to find a way to kill Reeds from another universe. After the Secret Wars, the Richards would travel and recreate the multiverse. They would spend years doing this, where the siblings would become teenagers. However, only a few months had passed in the Prime universe.
Unlike Franklin, many people, who don’t read the comic, don’t really know that Reed and Sue have a daughter so there wasn’t a great amount of people asking for her. However, she would receive a figure alongside her brother as part of a Fantastic Four 2-pack.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro Marvel Legends Fantastic Four 2-pack – Valeria with Turg and Franklin
- After spending years using Franklin’s powers to recreate the multiverse, Valeria would return to the Prime universe as a teenager. Both her and Franklin would begin wearing their own version of the F4 costume with Val having a V rather then a 4.
- Why do you need it for your collection?
- If you want to complete the Fantastic Four, particularly the Richards family, you will need this. Val has become an extremely important member of the cast and is a must for all F4 collections.
- Does it need a remake?
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not facts. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
Universe: Prime Universe (Earth-616)