- Real Name: Blastaar
- AKA: Living Bomb-Burst, King Blastaar
- Family: Grondaar (father, deceased); Nyglar (wife, deceased); Burstarr (son)
- Base of Operation: Baluur, Sector 56-D of the Negative Zone; formerly Prison 42
- Identity: No Dual Identity
- Citizenship: Baluurian
- Martial Status: Widowed
- Occupation: Monarch, Ruler of Baluur, a planet in the Negative Zone
- Education: –
- Gender: Male
- Height: 6′ 6″ (1.98 m)
- Weight: 520 lbs (235.87 kg)
- Eyes: Grey ; Red when charging blasts
- Hair: Grey
- Unusual Feature: Grey Skin, Massive muscular bulk and proportions
- Origin: Baluurian
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
Annihilus isn’t the only creature that wanted to rule over the Negative Zone. Introduced in Fantastic Four #62 (1967) by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, Blastaar was a dethroned despot whose people set him adrift in space. He followed Mr. Fantastic and Triton through a portal to the Prime Universe where he teamed up with Sandman to fight the F4 but was sent back to his own dimension. He would take back his home world and would come into conflict with Annihilus, earning the insectoid hatred. He would later battle the Eternals and the Avengers and would later battle Spider-man who was using the disguise of Dusk.
He would later work with the Space Knight to help the Prime Universe in Annihilation and later try and battle the Phalanx. He would later become involved with the War of Kings where he took over Prison 42, the prison created by Iron Man and Mr. Fantastic to hold unregistered heroes. He would battle Nova (Rider) but yielded to him when Nova reminded him of what happened to the later ruler of the Negative Zone. He would join the Galactic council but would later attack the Inhumans, who at the time were ruling the Kree Home world, but this was thwarted by the Annihilators. He would die during a fight with the Future Foundation but would eventually return to plague the Prime Universe.
As one of the F4 classic villains, fan have been requesting a version of Blastaar for years. He would eventually receive one as part of the 2014 Thanos Imperative box set, where he was posed as if he was hold open Galactus closing mouth.
Recommend Figure: Hasbro San Diego Comic Con 2014 Marvel Legends Thanos Imperative Box set – Blastaar with Black Bolt, Medusa, Star-Lord and Gladiator
- Even though he aided the Prime Universe with their battle with the Cancerverse, Blastaar would launch an attack on the Inhumans, to try and take over the Kree. He tried to kill Medusa but was stopped by the Annihilators
- Why do you need it for your collection?
- This is a character you will need on your F4 villains’ shelf as well as your cosmic villains. However, this is hard to get at the moment.
- Does it need a remake?
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not facts. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
Universe: Prime Universe (Earth-616)