- Real Name: Blackheart
- AKA: Lord Blackheart, Black King, Voice, Legion, Son of Mephisto, Prince of Hell, Mayor Winston Agnew, B.H., Mr. Degli, Doctor Strange
- Family: Mephisto (father); Mephista (sister); Greylight (brother); Daimon Hellstrom, Satana Hellstrom, Mikal Drakonmegas (quasi-siblings); relationship through Mephisto to the other Hell-Lord and their offsprings
- Base of Operation: Mephisto’s Realm
- Identity: No Dual Identity
- Citizenship: Hell
- Martial Status: Single
- Occupation: Ruler of Mephisto’s Realm
- Education: Self-taught and tutored by Mephisto
- Gender: Male
- Height: Variable
- Weight: Variable
- Eyes: Red (Variable)
- Hair: Black (Variable)
- Unusual Feature: Black Skin, Quills on his head, long prehensile tail.
- Origin: Demon
- Universe: Marvel Prime Universe (Earth-616)
Did Mephisto really not think his devil “son” wouldn’t try and take over hell? Introduced in Daredevil #270 (1989) by Ann Nocenti and Sal Buscema, Mephisto used the energy of sins gathered at the locale Christ’s Crown to create his son. Under his father tutelage, Blackheart would try and corrupt Daredevil as well as many other heroes like Spider-man. Mephisto ordered him lure Wolverine, Ghost Rider and Punisher to corrupt the three but Blackheart betrayed Mephisto with the help of the heroes. He would fight against Ghost Rider, becoming one of the Riders most frequent foes. At some point he would join the Hellfire Club under Selene’s request.
He was eventually cast out of Hell powerless and would set up a Casino in Vegas to steal people’s souls. After killing Pat Mulligan and stealing the Toxin symbiote, he would come under the attention of Agent Venom, Red Hulk, X-23 and Alexandra Jones’ Ghost Rider, leading the Circle of Four event. In end he would be allowed back in Hell by his father. He would later convince Infinity to kidnap Lady Death and prevent people dying. This would lead to Deadpool and Thanos going to rescue her. Taking over the body of Black Talon, he would battle the two but was defeated. He would eventually return and battled the Avengers, defeating all but Mile Morales. He took over the body of the mayor of Chicago to turn the city into a hellspot but was defeated by Falcon, Patriot and Brother Voodoo. He would later go onto battle the young Champions.
Blackheart was a little known character in the Marvel Universe for many. He grew in fan due to the Ghost Rider movies but that wasn’t a successful movie. He would receive a figure from Toybiz as part of their series 13 / Bring on the Bad Guy / Onslaught series. As of writing this, he is the only character from that series not to be remade by Hasbro.
Recommend Figure: Toybiz Marvel Legends Onslaught Series – Blackheart
- This is Blackheart as he originally appeared and the look he is most associated with. Like all classic version, it has been drawn differently by different artist. It should also be noted that his various forms also have he with more bulky human like legs rather then his demon like ones.
- Why you need it for your collection?:
- Blackheart is one of those character you will need for a Ghost Riders collection. He is one of the most frequent villain that most of the Riders have battled. He is also needed for a Daredevil, Spider-man and Avengers collection as well as building the Hellfire Club and the Lords of Hell.
- Does it need a remake?:
- Yes. While this figure still holds up today, it is might be hard to come by nowadays so it needs to be remade for modern collectors.
Below you will find a gallery of suits that still need to be made. I have included what I think are the possibilities of them being made. Note that these are my personal opinions and not fact. Please let me know if I have missed anything.
Alternates: Black King (Hellfire Club)